Aflac......

insurancemadness

I don't post much, but read a lot on this site. My question:

I am an insurance agent but I don't sell aflac or di. My dog groomer is self employed and runs her business from home. She was approached by an aflac rep and asked me to look over some aflac brochures for her. It seems pretty straight forward, but I need clarification on this scenerio :

She is injured while grooming a dog and can't work. All the brochures talk about is outside of work accidents and I can't find anything about self employed on the job accidents that cause St disabilities.

Also based off her self employed status and occupation is their anything else she needs to know about aflac before she purchases a policy?

Their indemnity plan says it will pay on any "covered" accident, on or off the job. Would need to look at the specific plan she bought to determine. A definite "Maybe". How is that for wishy-washy? Best of Luck.

Take care,

fangard

My guess, based on what I have read is that is a worker's comp issue and STDisability will not cover on the job.

----------

Probably multiple types of policies, but here is a starting point.

Won't let me post a url, so try this. I am too "new"

Google:
Mckinney ISD short term disability

It will be the first thing to pop up after the AFLAC paid link. It is a generic brochure.

My guess, based on what I have read is that is a worker's comp issue and STDisability will not cover on the job.

She is self employed.. Wouldn't have workman's comp. Don't know about now but AFLAC did offer a choice plans that were off job only or 24 hours coverage. If you are talking about this plan, it is on and off the job unless the emplacement falls under one of the excluded activities such as driving a taxi

http://www.wabash.edu/hr/docs/AFLAC Accident Brochure Level 1.pdf

Last edited:
She is self employed.. Wouldn't have workman's comp. Don't know about now but AFLAC did offer a choice plans that were off job only or 24 hours coverage. If you are talking about this plan, it is on and off the job unless the emplacement falls under one of the excluded activities such as driving a taxi

Yes, she doesn't have workman comp because she is self employed. She has health insurance and doesn't see a need for the Accident indemnity.

----------

----------

(sorry rousemark this forum wont let me make a separate post it keeps adding the part below to my previous post. Not sure what I am doing wrong but the post below is directed at anyone who reads this thread. I will just make it bold so it stands out from the rest of this post.)

She is only looking for Short term disability income if she is injured on or off the job. The information I have found only talks about STDI for off jobs injuries and I cant find anything about self employed on job injuries getting STDI.

Any info about self employed on job injury and STDI with Aflac would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Yes, she doesn't have workman comp because she is self employed. She has health insurance and doesn't see a need for the Accident indemnity.

----------

----------

(sorry rousemark this forum wont let me make a separate post it keeps adding the part below to my previous post. Not sure what I am doing wrong but the post below is directed at anyone who reads this thread. I will just make it bold so it stands out from the rest of this post.)

She is only looking for Short term disability income if she is injured on or off the job. The information I have found only talks about STDI for off jobs injuries and I cant find anything about self employed on job injuries getting STDI.

Any info about self employed on job injury and STDI with Aflac would be appreciated.

Their website doesn't mention their having a stand alone STDI.

When you make multiple posts back to back within a thread during a certain period of time, the forum will automatically merge them into one post.

Hi insurancemadness,
I’m Aflac Phyllis, an Aflac worldwide headquarters employee here to help. Please contact us at [email protected] so we can assist you with your concerns.
Thank you,
Aflac Phyllis

You are offering to help a producer who is not appointed with Aflac and may or may not even be licensed in the product area (life or health etc) so that he can assist a client who apparently is looking to him for advice rather than going to the Aflac sales rep?

What's wrong with that picture class?

You are offering to help a producer who is not appointed with Aflac and may or may not even be licensed in the product area (life or health etc) so that he can assist a client who apparently is looking to him for advice rather than going to the Aflac sales rep?

What's wrong with that picture class?

Easy. Everyone knows that Condi wears a red bikini.

Back