Bad Credit and Why?

Jimmy Prince

Expert
Why do you need good credit to work for theses big insurance company's? I tried to get into a few of the larger companys and they said everything is fin except 2 bad things on my credit report. whats with this?:nah:

Why do you need good credit to work for theses big insurance company's? I tried to get into a few of the larger companys and they said everything is fin except 2 bad things on my credit report. whats with this?:nah:

Most of my time as an insurance agent my job is to improve thier financial picture....Should they be taking thier advice from someone that screwed up thier own financial house?

Trust me I know there can be many reasons that can happend wbut this is the way the carriers are looking at it...The other reason is most of these carriers are going to be advancing you commissions (read loan) and like anyone making a loan they want someone with a good financial picture.

Norway nailed it. Keep in mind the liability of an insurance carrier as well. If the agent screws over the client, who gets sued? Sure there are some producers who make good livings but nothing compared to the money behind the insurance company which is ultimately liable for your actions as their appointed producer (hence they will likely be sued rather than the producer).

Credit is often looked at as a means of judging a persons character, it is used for employment, purchasing auto/home insurance, etc. Right or wrong, there are only so many factors that can be utilized to learn about a person without a lengthy interview and background search. This is a quick method of determining a person's sense of responsibility.

This is not germane only for ins cos, but most of corp American isn't going to offer you for a decent job if you've got dings on your credit history. In their theory, it says something about you as a person if you cannot manage credit, and it probably does.

Not much different when an auto insurer profiling and runnning a credit report while underwriting the risk; what diff does this have to do with how good of a driver you are...? They've got stats: poor credit = higher claims history. Just how it works.

This is not germane only for ins cos, but most of corp American isn't going to offer you for a decent job if you've got dings on your credit history. In their theory, it says something about you as a person if you cannot manage credit, and it probably does.

Not much different when an auto insurer profiling and runnning a credit report while underwriting the risk; what diff does this have to do with how good of a driver you are...? They've got stats: poor credit = higher claims history. Just how it works.

The Germans have nothing to do with it!! ;)

Alot of times, if you pay off the credit issue, then you are OK,

Alot of times, if you pay off the credit issue, then you are OK,

Sounds like you are referring to an "appointment" with an ins co. and yes, that is true, they will often times appoint you if there are no outstanding liens or judgments.

But, what the op seems to be refferring to is a JOB, being hired by an BIG ins co... big diff in the criteria between an appointment as an agent and being hired as an employee. Most employers for a respectable JOB are going to check credit and have an issue if there are too many dings there. At least it is one reflection in which to measure.

Most employers for a respectable JOB are going to check credit and have an issue if there are too many dings there. At least it is one reflection in which to measure.

To a point. The BEST JOBS really only look at your most recent accomplishments and make you an offer based on your ability to impact the enterprise in a positive way.

How many CEO's had to pee in a cup to get the job?

How many tenured professors in the Ivy League had to justify their credit rating before the achieving their tenure?

How many partners at law firms had to re pass their background investigation before being promoted?

They don't want to know what you do on the weekend and they don't care if your gardener sued you because you refused to pay.

For the BEST JOBS its all about being able to deliver. Period.

Its sad. The little guy is held to a higher standard. :1baffled:

Back