Bob Klee- Hometown Quotes Offer

Internet traffic is a tough sport....but 7 days to figure out if a lead is good or bad, makes it nearly impossible for lead vendors to run profitability, it shouldn't take anyone that long to figure out if a lead is good or bad... In my other verticals, clients get max of 2 days and can only return disconnects...

part of the issue insurance agents have is that they only will buy shared leads. Well when you buy shared leads (no matter how good the provider is, which i do feel Bob knows what hes doing and does it well) you run the risk of the first guy telling consumer NOT to talk to ANYONE else that calls. Some consumers listen and some don't, but if your first to them and you k now others will follow, why not tell them that. Just know that if your not first its happening to you.

The goal of any lead generator is to generate real time leads at a price point that he can sell them at and make profit. There are several ways to drive internet traffic, if your willing to pay more as a buyer you get search traffic, if you are cheap and or return 75% of your leads normally lead vendors will be forced to resort to second and third tier traffic (email, co reg, incentive's etc..).

The trick to building a strong agency, is to work with your vendor to create an equally profitable campaign for both... stay in touch with your vendor, constantly give them feedback so they can monitor their ads online for quality, return obviously bad leads, but don't over do it, leave margin for the vendor as well as of course watch your bottom line. The one thing I can tell you from the lead side of the fence is this.....the harder you make it on the lead company, the worse the leads are going to get. Not by intention, but by simply economics...if you return too many we cant afford search traffic. Find the happy medium with your vendor, keep it transparent going both ways.

Lastly, not every lead vendor is out to get you....a hand full of us (Bob included) are actually working extremely hard to do the right thing and create profitable capaigns for you all. Once we find the formula to make that happen, everybody wins. The more you beat your vendor up on bad leads, filters, geo targeting, etc... The longer that process takes to get us to that finish line. You all should be thankful to have Bob as a go to guy in the internet space...I have seen his path, and its legit. Not only that but he refuses to sell a lead more than once..(I even tried to buy some of the aged leads from him and he wouldn't budge).

IM not sure how they price their leads out retail but if hes allowing that type of return ratio im assuming the pricing is retail...

I have a question for you lead buyers.....most lead companies build in cost enough to cover returns... would you rather your lead company A) tell you their true cost and mark up and eliminate returns completely, OR B) just have us price retail with 20% built in for returns...? Lead vendors can do it either way...I have found in other industries that i work backwards from the cost stand point and show 15% margin. I just dont allow returns in some cases, others where i do allow 10% returns to cover disconnects, I mark the price up to cover those... at the end of the day every click and lead we generate has to be covered some how some way. Which would you as a lead buyer rather see?

hometown is very good and quick at giving credit for the junk. just wish there wasn't so much of it; and they gave you more than 7 days to request credit. lead from 9/17 finally answered the phone had no idea why i was calling.
running around 90% junk - wont answer, bad info, not looking.

yep... all lead co's are skunks, in my oponion. they are all the enemy and must be destroyed to eliminate the cancer they are..... by mr raymond, lookst and sounds like you are conected at the hip to em... quACK QUACK...

I have a question for you lead buyers.....most lead companies build in cost enough to cover returns... would you rather your lead company A) tell you their true cost and mark up and eliminate returns completely, OR B) just have us price retail with 20% built in for returns...? Lead vendors can do it either way...I have found in other industries that i work backwards from the cost stand point and show 15% margin. I just dont allow returns in some cases, others where i do allow 10% returns to cover disconnects, I mark the price up to cover those... at the end of the day every click and lead we generate has to be covered some how some way. Which would you as a lead buyer rather see?

Here is the problem from where I see it (and I could be wrong):

At the end of the day, no one generating internet leads can tell how many are going to be junk. It can run hot, it can run cold, but no online lead vendor can predict how much junk will come through. Bob Klee has an unlimited return policy and because of my personal experience with him and that he makes good on what he claims, I happily endorse him and think he's a great guy to do business with.

So the answer to your question is another question, how can you forecast the cost with the built in returns if you don't know if it's going to be 20% junk or 50% junk?

Once upon a time I sold preset appointments to agents (thinking the money I made from selling them would help pay for the cost of my leads therefore making them "free") and it blew up in my face. Agents are always going to want unlimited free returns forever on any junk lead (and fair enough). To make matter worse, they want those leads to be the cheapest leads available.

Was that helpful?

"Bob Klee has an unlimited return policy and because of my personal experience with him and that he makes good on what he claims, I happily endorse him and think he's a great guy to do business with."

+1 on Bob.

hometown is very good and quick at giving credit for the junk. just wish there wasn't so much of it; and they gave you more than 7 days to request credit. lead from 9/17 finally answered the phone had no idea why i was calling.
running around 90% junk - wont answer, bad info, not looking.

Hey Rizzle,

I'd like to look at your account if you are getting 90% junk. Have you had a chance to talk to Ambrosha in Agent Services to see why? That is not normal at all.

Please email me your name on the account so I can take a look at it. Like I mentioned earlier..contact ability has been a huge change for the better. But there are scammers that are putting Aged lead data into the network & without a feedback loop, folks reporting like you have on this lead from 9/17, we cannot easily find these folks out. :mad:

Please send me your contact info.

Thank you.

Internet traffic is a tough sport....but 7 days to figure out if a lead is good or bad, makes it nearly impossible for lead vendors to run profitability, it shouldn't take anyone that long to figure out if a lead is good or bad... In my other verticals, clients get max of 2 days and can only return disconnects...

Wow, really? Remind me to never buy leads from you. Disconnects only is brutal for an agent and tends to lead to dishonest lead vendors and affiliates.

Why? Probably 80% of the bogus leads I get are working phone numbers but to people who didn't request insurance information.

If a lead vendor isn't fighting fraud on their end, they do not deserve to be financially rewarded for volume. No, a lead vendor does not have to recover costs of fraud, if its preventable on their end. Most of this is.

Lets look at some examples, real world stuff:
- Received lead. Real information, but client never requested insurance information. She had applied for a loan about a month previously, somebody resold her info. Credit requested (and given).
- Received lead. My filters are personal lines auto. Lead was for a fleet vehicle (easily known by make/model), phone number was to business, they never requested the quote. Lead credit requested (and given).
- Received lead. Person whose phone number is listed did not request the quote. Lead credit requested (and given).

The first 2 examples should never have gotten to me. They weren't disconnects, but they clearly were bogus leads generated by someone, probably affiliates, trying to make a buck. Even though they had valid phone numbers, they were not valid leads and I won't pay for those. The lead vendor should have to eat that cost, not me. Of course, they should get their money back from the affiliate, who should be driven out of business.

The third one, which is actually preventable, I understand coming through the system, but it was still a bogus lead, even though the number was not correct, but active.

Why should the agent eat the costs of bogus leads? When I worked for big companies, we built our model on a certain percentage of returns. If returns went over that, it hit our bottom line, not the customers. It encouraged us to make sure our product was valuable.

Dan

Back