Commission Chargebacks - What Should I Do?

Maybe so, but the truth is this poster asked the exact same question on 6/1/2009. He got basically the same answers then, wonder what's up with that?

The insurance company has turned it over to a collection agency.

Maybe so, but the truth is this poster asked the exact same question on 6/1/2009. He got basically the same answers then, wonder what's up with that?

Seems the last part of my response was spot on that this didn't magically end up in collections without the agent being away of whats going on....

As for the people that think Mark was a little overboard....He has been stuck with downline agents debts before and I'm sure this is a sore spot for him.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
To the original poster...I just read through your other posts...Allstate is going to be interested in a vector...Or have you left that agency already...If you want to stay in this industry you will need to pay you debts.

Last edited:
I took out a small business loan to start a pizza shop. After around a year I shut it down -didn't like the business.

Now the bank wants the rest of their loan repaid.

I took out a small business loan to start a pizza shop. After around a year I shut it down -didn't like the business.

Now the bank wants the rest of their loan repaid.

You say that like it is a bad thing.

.....As for the people that think Mark was a little overboard....He has been stuck with downline agents debts before and I'm sure this is a sore spot for him.........

Get stuck with thousands of dollars of money to pay back that other people pocketed and won't pay back and see how it makes you feel.

Get stuck with thousands of dollars of money to pay back that other people pocketed and won't pay back and see how it makes you feel.

I was agreeing with Mark....Actually if I was in Mark's business I would make sure any downline agent I contracted was very very far from me....Personally if their debt rolled up to me and they wouldn't pay it and I saw them around town I might be liable to knock their teeth out....Maybe that isn't an issue in the deep south :)

Last edited:
I was agreeing with Mark....Actually if I was in Mark's business I would make sure any downline agent I contracted was very very far from me....Personally if their debt rolled up to me and they wouldn't pay it and I saw them around town I might be liable to knock their teeth out....Maybe that isn't an issue in the deep south :)

Norwayguy, I know you were agreeing with Mark. I was just agreeing with you and adding emphasis. Mark is a little touchy on that topic but I think we all would be if we had ate as much backcharged commission as their agency has.

Look... I enjoy doling out a severe beating as much as the next guy, but violence is not the answer. When I was a manager at my last career company, I had to agree to pay back a percentage of finaning losses for terminated agents even though the company NEVER asked the agent to repay the advances. Whatever they recouped from the agent came from potential renewal commissions until the debit was cleared. Then the agent received all vested renewals.

HOWEVER... if the company demands the payback and your contract calls for repayment... pay it or suffer the credit mark or Vector.

Back