What should I look for in a CRM

jack3454

Super Genius
I am currently using a spreadsheet for my own type of CRM. Everyone around me is saying I need a CRM. I do life insurance and more recently, medicare.

I have tried free trials of a couple CRMs but I really dont know what the fuss is about? What is so special about paying $50+ a month to be able to see your clients in one spot and alerting you for their birthday? Im doing the same thing just by entering them in a spreadsheet. Am I missing something here? Also, what should I be looking for in a CRM that will help my business? Thanks;

I guess do what works for you. As a P&C agent, I would die without a CRM/AMS , but maybe life and medicare are different

I am a group health guy. I have used both and there is no going back to the excel spreadsheet ever again. For me, in no particular order, the advantages are; being able to see all my notes quickly, ability to tickle for the future, and sort by activity.

I guess do what works for you. As a P&C agent, I would die without a CRM/AMS , but maybe life and medicare are different

Yeah maybe things are different. I just dont see what massive benefits there are with a CRM like everyone is saying.

I am a group health guy. I have used both and there is no going back to the excel spreadsheet ever again. For me, in no particular order, the advantages are; being able to see all my notes quickly, ability to tickle for the future, and sort by activity.

tickle for the future? I never heard that saying before. I can see sorting by activity could be useful. Thanks.

Yeah maybe things are different. I just dont see what massive benefits there are with a CRM like everyone is saying.
Huge advantages using a CRM.

They integrate with other software (phone, mail services, calendars, websites, etc.).

You can produce reports easily (mtd sales, particular products, policy anniversaries, etc.)

Other people on your team can see your activity and vice versa (if you hire someone down the road)

Email recording, call recording, etc.

Easily set tasks for follow up, set up ticklers (which the other poster mentioned, that just means touching base with someone who previously expressed interest in buying or buying more but didn't do so at the time).

Access policy info on the fly.

I can't imagine not using a crm.

Huge advantages using a CRM.

They integrate with other software (phone, mail services, calendars, websites, etc.).

You can produce reports easily (mtd sales, particular products, policy anniversaries, etc.)

Other people on your team can see your activity and vice versa (if you hire someone down the road)

Email recording, call recording, etc.

Easily set tasks for follow up, set up ticklers (which the other poster mentioned, that just means touching base with someone who previously expressed interest in buying or buying more but didn't do so at the time).

Access policy info on the fly.

I can't imagine not using a crm.

Thanks I can see why a CRM would be more helpful than a spreadsheet here lol. DO you have any recommendations?

Back