CommissionDonation.com Helping Agents Image & Sales?

ghounem

Hi Everyone, here is a great story that I believe will help your insurance sales and charities:

Danbury, CT- Two weeks before Christmas, Mohamed Ghounem, the owner of Nationwide Realty, received an email from a volunteer at the local women's help center. The email asked if Ghounem could help a single Mom with 2 kids find an apartment.

Ghounem was inspired by the emailer's volunteerism and also sensed an opportunity. "If I can have the volunteer send me all the potential renters, I would gladly give the women's help center half my commission for each referral" said Ghounem.

For every $1,000 per month rental with a one year lease, Realtors usually get a $500 commission, this would be a donation of $250 to the women's help center per client. In a matter of minutes, the idea kept growing and it's potential to help charities and sales people with all products and services alike around the world became Ghounem's goal. Ghounem got so excited about the idea, he created the website CommissionDonation.com

"I have had a similar idea on a smaller scale years ago, thinking I would go to my local minister and offer money to the local Islamic Center when they refer a new or existing family in the area to me, and that idea was from hearing of a Realtor in Virginia doing that successfully." Ghounem did not follow through with the idea back then "the idea was marinating and finally sprouted with the volunteer's email" he said after seeing first hand that charities can actually be a large source of referrals.

"In this declining market, sales people would love referrals from charities and the charities would love their donations." Priests, Pastors, Rabbis, and Ministers are often asked to recommend various professionals, now their house of worship can get money back for that recommendation to help support their various holy services.

After acquiring the website, Ghounem googgled the phrase "commission donation" and was pleasantly surprised that another real estate company owner (Gerald Leonard) on the other side of the nation in California had started giving half his commission to charity a year ago.

"The broker in California wanted other Realtors to follow his lead, I would love for all commission based sales people around the world to give a part of their commission for charity. For example, if Brad Pitt gets a movie role, a part of his pay (commission) goes to charity, everyone is a salesperson, everyone has love in them, and everyone would want help if they needed it." Ghounem is the first to create a global commission donation network where charities, salespeople, and buyers can find each other for free.

Having started an international charity (Jews for Allah) that got world wide media attention and noted in the New York Times, and authored half a dozen books that were translated into 4 languages, and founded and franchised a nationwide Real Estate company that tripled in size despite other brokerages closing down in this market, Ghounem has always had global aspirations despite adversities.

"I have always enjoyed either pioneering new ideas or taking a good one and making it better, the commission donation network is the first idea that I felt was bigger than me. I have felt great since starting it and everyone I shared it with says they love it" Ghounem excitedly said. Being the season of giving, Ghounem hopes this idea will make it onto CNN, so millions of sales people and buyers will include their favorite charities in their transactions.

With just real estate sales commission alone at $55 Billion this year, even 1% of that Can Be Hundreds of Millions of Dollars to Help the young or old, the poor or sick, we can even help cure a disease together.

"The site is a cross between (network for good) and (commission junction), where buyers can find sales people of all products and services who donate a part of their commission to charity." Ghounem feels that giving to charity is both a marketing tool for the sales people, a tax deduction for the buyer and a loving act that is a reward on it's own for both parties. "Saying your on the Commission Donation network can help various service and product providers win contracts with large corporations who also enjoy giving to charity for the rewards and tax benefits."

After some soul searching, Ghounem decided to make the site free and open for all sales people from all companies, including local competing brokerages. "The goal of the commission donation network is to spread the wealth as much as possible to the charities, it would hinder that effort if I monopolized territories or showed favoritism. Making the site similar to craigslist where people world wide can place their ad for free is the best way for buyers, sales people, and charities to find each other"

Most cultures teach the same thing Ghounem concluded: "what comes around goes around, pay it forward, good begets good karma, the love you give is the love you get, happiness comes from giving, I wish love for everyone who is a part of the commission donation network, especially the ones who feed the starving, home the homeless, and save lives with their commission donation"

"I love helping people and I love what I sell, this helps bring the best of both worlds together to other sales people like me, the best thing about it is that it does not cost anyone anything extra, the buyers get the same product or service at the same price they were going to get anyway and buyers get a tax deduction for doing nothing other than using a charitable salesperson instead of an agent who keeps all their commission. The salespeople give the same referral fee for a client they would have gladly given anyway, the only difference, the referral fee goes to a mutually agreed upon charity instead of another agent who keeps all their commission" Ghounem added.

on the web:
CommissionDonation.com

Last edited:
Wow. Unheard of. Imagine a greedy insurance agent making a donation to a charity! Who would've thought?

I had no idea you (or your daddy or whomever) had this very first idea - did he trademark it or something?

Wow. Unheard of. Imagine a greedy insurance agent making a donation to a charity! Who would've thought?
I had no idea you (or your daddy or whomever) had this very first idea - did he trademark it or something?

Happy Holidays

Are you telling me that the average salesperson (including insurance salespeople) are perceived by the public as charitable people?

A used car salesperson is used as a barometer for sleazy with other salespeople not being far behind because there are a few bad apples.

This usually happens with non-regulated sales people like loan officers who the public partially blames for the state of economy we're in for selling bad loans to the public.

I know people who are blaming realtors too for selling people homes they couldn't afford, even though it is the loan officer who decides what a buyer can or can't afford, not the realtors.

So the actions of one group of salespeople do effect the perception of other salespeople, and that perception on average is not good.

I would say that the profession of salespeople is perceived as a few bad apples and the rest are average apples, but charitable does not come to mind, a person does not think "doctors with out borders" when they think of sales people.

The Commission Donation Network is the first search engine created to help find and promote charitable salespeople.

Do I deserve an award for creating it, I wouldn’t say that, do I deserve sarcasm for creating it, I wouldn’t say that either.

But Im wondering how our public perception is helped when someone on Christmas eve is being sarcastic towards a project that has, does, and will bring thousands, and soon millions towards charities?

Thank you

Mohamed Ghounem
CommissionDonation.com

Ghounem -

In the real estate market, surprisingly, there are a lot fewer rules for this type of thing then there are in the insurance business. The approach you used above (paying for referrals, based on commission) is not legal in the insurance industry, even if the payment is going to a non-profit.

There are ways to do this, but it cannot be based on a deal, a sale, or commission generated.

And yes, actually I think most insurance agents are very generous people.

Dan

Hi Dan,

((In the real estate market, surprisingly, there are a lot fewer rules for this type of thing then there are in the insurance business.))

it depends on your state, in CT for example, insurance "finders fee" is allowed whereas realtor finders fee is not to unlicensed agents.

((The approach you used above (paying for referrals, based on commission) is not legal in the insurance industry))

CT just made it law allowing that about 2 years ago, but it is best to check yourselves with your own state, even CT to get the exact guidelines.

((even if the payment is going to a non-profit.))

I would like some lobbying done to see that be an exemption.

((And yes, actually I think most insurance agents are very generous people.))

In the spectrum of salespeople, there are some who are not as tarnished as others, insurance salespeople have had their share of negative media.

For example, a consistant theme in movies is when events happen where the insured is supposed to collect from the insurer, they are told to look at the fine print to realize they're not going to collect anything because of some loop hole the insurer weaseled through according to the movies.

Even Barak Obama made it very public that his Mom had to spend her last days fighting the insurer because of a loop hole that she had a pre-existing condition so she was not covered.

Im not arguing against the good perception you have towards fellow agents, Im glad you have such a perception, I think it would be a good thing if others had the same perception you do.

Best regards

Mohamed Ghounem
CommissionDonation.com

Hi Everyone, here is a great story that I believe will help your insurance sales and charities:

Danbury, CT- Two weeks before Christmas, Mohamed Ghounem, the owner of Nationwide Realty, received an email from a volunteer at the local women's help center. The email asked if Ghounem could help a single Mom with 2 kids find an apartment.

Ghounem was inspired by the emailer's volunteerism and also sensed an opportunity. "If I can have the volunteer send me all the potential renters, I would gladly give the women's help center half my commission for each referral" said Ghounem.

For every $1,000 per month rental with a one year lease, Realtors usually get a $500 commission, this would be a donation of $250 to the women's help center per client. In a matter of minutes, the idea kept growing and it's potential to help charities and sales people with all products and services alike around the world became Ghounem's goal. Ghounem got so excited about the idea, he created the website CommissionDonation.com

"I have had a similar idea on a smaller scale years ago, thinking I would go to my local minister and offer money to the local Islamic Center when they refer a new or existing family in the area to me, and that idea was from hearing of a Realtor in Virginia doing that successfully." Ghounem did not follow through with the idea back then "the idea was marinating and finally sprouted with the volunteer's email" he said after seeing first hand that charities can actually be a large source of referrals.

"In this declining market, sales people would love referrals from charities and the charities would love their donations." Priests, Pastors, Rabbis, and Ministers are often asked to recommend various professionals, now their house of worship can get money back for that recommendation to help support their various holy services.

After acquiring the website, Ghounem googgled the phrase "commission donation" and was pleasantly surprised that another real estate company owner (Gerald Leonard) on the other side of the nation in California had started giving half his commission to charity a year ago.

"The broker in California wanted other Realtors to follow his lead, I would love for all commission based sales people around the world to give a part of their commission for charity. For example, if Brad Pitt gets a movie role, a part of his pay (commission) goes to charity, everyone is a salesperson, everyone has love in them, and everyone would want help if they needed it." Ghounem is the first to create a global commission donation network where charities, salespeople, and buyers can find each other for free.

Having started an international charity (Jews for Allah) that got world wide media attention and noted in the New York Times, and authored half a dozen books that were translated into 4 languages, and founded and franchised a nationwide Real Estate company that tripled in size despite other brokerages closing down in this market, Ghounem has always had global aspirations despite adversities.

"I have always enjoyed either pioneering new ideas or taking a good one and making it better, the commission donation network is the first idea that I felt was bigger than me. I have felt great since starting it and everyone I shared it with says they love it" Ghounem excitedly said. Being the season of giving, Ghounem hopes this idea will make it onto CNN, so millions of sales people and buyers will include their favorite charities in their transactions.

With just real estate sales commission alone at $55 Billion this year, even 1% of that Can Be Hundreds of Millions of Dollars to Help the young or old, the poor or sick, we can even help cure a disease together.

"The site is a cross between (network for good) and (commission junction), where buyers can find sales people of all products and services who donate a part of their commission to charity." Ghounem feels that giving to charity is both a marketing tool for the sales people, a tax deduction for the buyer and a loving act that is a reward on it's own for both parties. "Saying your on the Commission Donation network can help various service and product providers win contracts with large corporations who also enjoy giving to charity for the rewards and tax benefits."

After some soul searching, Ghounem decided to make the site free and open for all sales people from all companies, including local competing brokerages. "The goal of the commission donation network is to spread the wealth as much as possible to the charities, it would hinder that effort if I monopolized territories or showed favoritism. Making the site similar to craigslist where people world wide can place their ad for free is the best way for buyers, sales people, and charities to find each other"

Most cultures teach the same thing Ghounem concluded: "what comes around goes around, pay it forward, good begets good karma, the love you give is the love you get, happiness comes from giving, I wish love for everyone who is a part of the commission donation network, especially the ones who feed the starving, home the homeless, and save lives with their commission donation"

"I love helping people and I love what I sell, this helps bring the best of both worlds together to other sales people like me, the best thing about it is that it does not cost anyone anything extra, the buyers get the same product or service at the same price they were going to get anyway and buyers get a tax deduction for doing nothing other than using a charitable salesperson instead of an agent who keeps all their commission. The salespeople give the same referral fee for a client they would have gladly given anyway, the only difference, the referral fee goes to a mutually agreed upon charity instead of another agent who keeps all their commission" Ghounem added.

on the web:
CommissionDonation.com

I'm confused here. Why do you talk of yourself in 3rd person. I thought you were whoever Ghounem is. So why the 3rd person talk? Also, should this post be in the insurance offer section instead?

So you want us to use your website that you own right?

So you want an agent to give some of their commissions to your website and you give it to charity? Maybe I'm just confused. I for one, pick my own charities.

If anyone wants to give to a good cause, please give to Mark's 5 kids project. It is a good cause. It feeds 5 kids daily. If anyone want's MARK'S 5 KIDS paypal account just let me know. If you send money to Mark, he will even send you a pic of the kid that you are helping. His paypal is [email protected] . I think its a good cause.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
But Im wondering how our public perception is helped when someone on Christmas eve is being sarcastic towards a project that has, does, and will bring thousands, and soon millions towards charities?

Thank you

Mohamed Ghounem
CommissionDonation.com

What do you pay yourself from your charity?? Is it an open record charity that you run or what?

Registrant:
Mohamed Ghounem [email protected] +1.2035551212
MNMC This name is for sale
17 Old Shelter Rock Road
Danbury,CT,US 06810

Domain Name:commissiondonation.com
Record last updated at 2008-12-11 04:02:48
Record created on 2008/12/11
Record expired on 2009/12/11

Last edited:
If anyone wants to give to a good cause, please give to Mark's 5 kids project.

A "project" implies that it is something one is "still working on".

Assuming that is correct do you have a "completion date" for that project? Is it just getting started, about half done or is it nearing completion? :laugh:

My adopted "Kids" :biggrin:

My Big Boy:

Home: Born Free Foundation

Sinbad

f76194f0b5.jpg

Achee & Ma Juah

375fab8872.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A "project" implies that it is something one is "still working on".

Assuming that is correct do you have a "completion date" for that project? Is it just getting started, about half done or is it nearing completion? :laugh:

Trust me it is a project. My 3 year old still don't want to be potty trained. Their agents range from 3 to 18 years old. I never have a dull moment. I can not give you a completion date, because even when they turn 18, then still don't want to move out.

3 year boy, 8 year old boy, 9 year old girl, 10 year old boy, 18 year old girl.

Back