How Am I Supposed to Work

gEMx

i got my p&c license and i cant sell insurance. no company will give me an appointment. i can join some insurance noodle type place but they take hours at best to return a quote. i cant tell my customer to go play with himself for 2 or 3 hours while i get my **** together. thants not going to work. some places return a quote instantly but i cant bind so i have to submit it and then wait hours so thats the same thing and its not gonna work either. i heard of some places where both are instant (siaa) but those places require a book or some experience or both. i guess i could buy a book of business and then pay a ton to join siaa but i dont think i should have to go through all that just to sell some dumbass a personal auto policy. if anyone knows what im missing id appreciate any guidance. dont know of any other industry that makes it so hard to sell its products.

i got my p&c license and i cant sell insurance. no company will give me an appointment. i can join some insurance noodle type place but they take hours at best to return a quote. i cant tell my customer to go play with himself for 2 or 3 hours while i get my **** together. thants not going to work. some places return a quote instantly but i cant bind so i have to submit it and then wait hours so thats the same thing and its not gonna work either. i heard of some places where both are instant (siaa) but those places require a book or some experience or both. i guess i could buy a book of business and then pay a ton to join siaa but i dont think i should have to go through all that just to sell some dumbass a personal auto policy. if anyone knows what im missing id appreciate any guidance. dont know of any other industry that makes it so hard to sell its products.

Work on your paragraphs first ;)

i expected to sell insurance i dont think that was too much to ask for. my brother owns a car dealership and people cant leave the lot without insurance. its a no brainer to get a license and sell them all policies. i cant tell these people to hang out for hours so i need to find a way to make this work. i am willing to wait 5 min for a quote and 30 to bind. any more than that and these people are just gonna call adrianas.

Attitude is more important than paragraphs:

1. 'can't sell';
2. 'no company;
3. 'can't tell';
4. 'not going to work';
5. 'can't bind';
6. 'not gonna work';
7. 'I don't think';
8. 'it so hard' ....

I think you have already talked your self out of it 'work'-ing out.

That tells me all I need to know. It's a good thing you're anonymous.

Your attitude sucks... and your lack of knowledge about the P&C industry is appalling. I'm not in P&C, but I know a few more things than you apparently do - thanks to this forum.

What you've got to do... is pay your dues. Suck it up and do what you've got to do.

Or get out.

The sooner you make a decision and act on it... the better off you'll be.

----------

Here's a pep-talk for you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnw9KjwRrXo

----------

Then, with a change of attitude...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFXuWc5eQvo

Interesting your choice of words to describe a potential client is "dumbass". Certainly not the kind of agent I'd like to have.

i expected to sell insurance i dont think that was too much to ask for. my brother owns a car dealership and people cant leave the lot without insurance. its a no brainer to get a license and sell them all policies. i cant tell these people to hang out for hours so i need to find a way to make this work. i am willing to wait 5 min for a quote and 30 to bind. any more than that and these people are just gonna call adrianas.

Oh ****. You're local to me.

Get out of the business... or join Adriana's and be their agent at the car dealership.

i dont want to join a brokerage or send my customers out as referrals because i want to build my book.

Back