How to Deactivate a Negative / Burnout Mindset and Activate a Fresh Positive One?

joe90

Expert
uk
So everyone knows what a negative mindset feels like. :mad:

I think a tired or burnt out one :err:might be similar but not exactly the same thing.

Obviously these two devils are the exact opposite of being in "state" or being in a good selling mindset.

With the natural attrition and variance of sales, people do get sucked into a black, overbearing DEPRESSION, of aweful, dread and woe, and its going to go on forever, and no one has bought AND NO ONE IS GOING TO BUY and this nightmare is going on for another 6 and a half hours and its like 3 hours until even fag break. - Not fun.:swoon::swoon::swoon:

So avoiding this kind of cloying awful pit of resignation and despair is a big part of sales. :no::no::no:

:idea:What are your tricks for maintaining positive mindset in sales and snapping out of the negative mind set asap?

:cool:

Set yourself a small goal that is achievable to give yourself a small reward. Repeat as often as necessary. Time off is the worst thing to do when your mindset isn't right. It just makes starting back up that much harder. But rewarding yourself with a round of golf or tickets to a game can do wonders.

Ill throw one in there. When dealing with large numbers of prospects, even though technically im approaching them, I put myself in a more empowered position of receiving them and dealing with them. I dont chase the prospect, I "deal with" the prospect.

Its basically a customer service type frame, rather than a begging frame, or a hunting frame, or whatever a lot of people get dragged into.

This helps on a number of ways. One example would be, it allows me to concentrate on my levels and my part, rather than becoming too fixed on the customer and getting dragged off centre. Also I am holding court, and they are in my world, rather than me intruding on theirs.

Its a subtly different mindset, but really helps with inner game.

One way i would express this would be to use an analogy. When we go jogging, to the store, or for a mile or so, we sometimes look at it like "im at point A and i need to be at point b". Therefore this journey is all about getting to the next place.

Imagine instead if you are comfortable in the process of running, and instead of forcing the journey, you look at it like you are receiving the road, as it comes toward you and passes behind. Instead of fixating on the goal you can then concentrate on your own process of running, making it more efficient and comfortable and you remain in the moment, alert and flexible to any obstacles.

Marathon runners dont fixate on the goal, but on the process they are engaged in.

^Its a better and a more sustainable mentality imho.

Last edited:
If I'm trying to sell a product... and I'm leading with a product approach... I burn out very quickly. It's like every 'no' says "No sale for you!" After all, if they wanted the product, with our digital online information age... wouldn't they seek it out online?

If I'm out and about introducing myself and my services (the work I do) as a professional, it's a higher-level approach, lower-key, and I'm not putting my product solution without determining their financial needs.

Putting a product approach first is like "verbal spam". I don't like it. It just doesn't suit me. I also get a lot more rejection to my offer... than I do to me and my services. Even if I started out by saying "MaMutual is offering a new mortgage protection program, and, if I may, I'd like to ask you a few questions"... is putting the product first. Product first approaches lead to more rejection.

I'd rather talk about the results of my working with the client, than talking about my "whammy-super-duper-product-idea-of-the-day".

If I'm trying to sell a product... and I'm leading with a product approach... I burn out very quickly. It's like every 'no' says "No sale for you!" After all, if they wanted the product, with our digital online information age... wouldn't they seek it out online?

If I'm out and about introducing myself and my services (the work I do) as a professional, it's a higher-level approach, lower-key, and I'm not putting my product solution without determining their financial needs.

Putting a product approach first is like "verbal spam". I don't like it. It just doesn't suit me. I also get a lot more rejection to my offer... than I do to me and my services. Even if I started out by saying "MaMutual is offering a new mortgage protection program, and, if I may, I'd like to ask you a few questions"... is putting the product first. Product first approaches lead to more rejection.

I'd rather talk about the results of my working with the client, than talking about my "whammy-super-duper-product-idea-of-the-day".

tailoring basically.

"Sell me this pen?"

What are you using them for?
What is your cost consideration?
How many do you need?
How durable should they be?
How much does style matter to you?

and then this pen can do ABC for you...

Do you have a signposting question such as:

"Im going to ask you a couple of quick questions about your lifestyle.."

or do you just jump straight in?

Marathon runners dont fixate on the goal, but on the process they are engaged in.

Have you ever been in a marathon? Do you know many who have? Well I have run in many and know quite a few runners...it is not about the process...it's about beating the clock to the next mile..atleast for those of us who are competitive. Sure for the person who just wants to lollygag and post a 6 hour time...you're absolutely right...not someone I want to model myself after.

You are hopeless and your drivel is incoherent at best...

Have you ever been in a marathon? Do you know many who have? Well I have run in many and know quite a few runners...it is not about the process...it's about beating the clock to the next mile..atleast for those of us who are competitive. Sure for the person who just wants to lollygag and post a 6 hour time...you're absolutely right...not someone I want to model myself after.

You are hopeless and your drivel is incoherent at best...

Careful, this is the thread all my posts and his responses were deleted. Just don't comment on the "fag" breaks.:twitchy:

Back