Marketing Ideas 101

Agent_007

Expert
Hello!

I am curious to see how everyone is going about marketing their business. Ideas for marketing in the best ways possible is how we all grow our agencies, business, relationships, etc. I wanted to start a post where everyone would be able to see different marketing plans, ideas, methods, etc. so they can come up with new creative ideas on their own to market their agency. Input from everybody is priceless information for everyone to use on this forum. So lets see what you are doing and how it is working for you. Simply list the methods you use and how many leads they generate for you....

I myself use these a month:

Direct mail: send out about 1200 produces about 30 leads

Business Cards: Pass out at least 5 perday to random people and produces about 10-15 leads a month

Flyers: I post these at local coffee shops, bulletins, etc. this generates about 10 leads from 10 different locations

Referrals: I get in touch with other professionals who would need my service for their clients. I strive to have 3-5 new partners a month. Generates about 10 leads.

Special Offers: I come up with special offers to give to my current clients from all different lines of insurance that I offer. I do pretty good from this. Usually generates about 6-10 sales a month.

These are some of what I do. Lets see what you do and maybe we can help everyone become better marketers which obviously lands sales and helps all of us grow!

Jon:idea:

I started off doing door hangers a few years back. I do mostly direct mail now. I usually do about 2,000 direct mail pieces for personal lines. Sometimes I still do the door hangers, but more or less for the exercise before heading off to the office. I think having a steady plan of attack produces steady results.

Don't forget about the web! Here are a few things you can do online:

• Pay-per-click advertising
  • Search engine optimization
  • Email marketing (build a list to drip on)
  • Get links from business partners, directories, local resources
  • Write articles

Do you use a company that manages the pay-per-click and SEO for you? or do you do this yourself. How are your results for your webpage?

Chazm, how do you use facebook? Have you done anything with other sites like it. I have not had any leads or anything like that from those sites.

What type of mailers do you all use? What products?
Thanks

Agent007, curious, what lines are you selling?

I've been readjusting my rountine, for focusing on health it was:

70% telemarketing
20% referrals from P&C agents/financial advisors
10% client referrals

Now that I'm looking to grow my business without as much of a demand product, I'm doing:

-10 Business Walk-Ins each day to introduce myself
-40 Dials to schedule a 5 Minute Intro
-Email drip marketing a growing list of small business owners who give me permission to stay in touch
-Getting Introductions from current clients
-Cross-Selling Current Clients
-Min. of two networking events per month (before or after regular business hours)

Too early to get a feel for how the numbers will shake out. My goal is to get to a level where I can consistently get 20 introductions per week from my current clients. That will help simply everything and I can focus on calling introductions and checking back with my drip marketing list every six months (my goal is to eventually get it to 1,000 names of people who have met my face-to-face and know what I offer).

Great thread!

I generate all my own leads through telemarketing I do myself. I have tried everything else. Telemarketing Med Supps, all I sell now, is the best, easiest way that gives me the greatest ROI. I haven't purchased "leads" in about eight years.

The vast majority of new clients come from my prospects database. I would say, although I have never kept track because it isn't that important to me, 25% to30% of my new clients come from referrals. The balance are either generated on the first phone call or follow up calls when their current company has a premium increase.

When their current company has a premium increase it is like having a license to steal.

When their current company has a premium increase it is like having a license to steal.

I do the same thing in the IFP market, I named it my Prospect Pond. When I'm telemarketing and someone says I have "BC/BS" but not interested in looking at options now, it's "that's fine, thanks for your time." I put it into an excel spreadsheet with their name, number, business, and carrier and I'll give them a call a few days after they get their rate increase letter next March. All the carriers in my market raise everyone's rates at the same time, no 12 month rate locks.

I do the same thing in the IFP market, I named it my Prospect Pond. When I'm telemarketing and someone says I have "BC/BS" but not interested in looking at options now, it's "that's fine, thanks for your time." I put it into an excel spreadsheet with their name, number, business, and carrier and I'll give them a call a few days after they get their rate increase letter next March. All the carriers in my market raise everyone's rates at the same time, no 12 month rate locks.

Works like a charm doesn't it. I use to use Excell. ;) (Couldn't resist.)

Back