Get Your Clients to Sign This

Mark

Guru
5000 Post Club
Georgia
This is a cover you butt letter that you can get your clients to sign. It's almost better then having E and O. I've seen this form help tons of agent including myself.
You don't have to use my letter. But I wanted to share it with you all.

Applicant’s Statement of Truth and Acknowledgement
I hereby acknowledge that all my answers given on application(s) for life, long term care, cancer and/or health insurance today, ___________________2008 are true and complete to the best of my belief and knowledge.

I will review the application(s) completely to make sure all answers are correct and complete before signing such application(s).

I fully understand that an insurance company can later rescind a policy or deny/reduce a claim/benefit due to my application answers that were not knowingly truthful in fact, misrepresented, or lacked material information known by me. This information includes, but is not limited to, my current and past medical history as well s any tobacco usage.

Furthermore, I will not hold you, my agent, responsible in any manner whatsoever should a company later rescind a policy or deny/reduce a claim/benefit for these reasons.

This form should be retained by the agent.
A copy may also be given to the applicant/owner.

Another option is to record the calls (for phone sales), many applications available for that.

Rob: Couldn't recording yourself on a call hold you the agent open to liability if you inadvertently sell a plans benefits wrong? Counterpoint please.

Rob: Couldn't recording yourself on a call hold you the agent open to liability if you inadvertently sell a plans benefits wrong? Counterpoint please.

Yes, this could very well happen and is why it's so critically important to both

a. Know your product inside and out

and

b. Use a script or "Talking Points"(google it for more info.) that have been

c. well vetted by your attorney/marketing department so that you

1. Dont go off on a tangent and say something you really shouldn't or wouldn't say ordinarily like "Yes we can change or modify that clause

OR

2. forget or leave something out that you really need to cover like limitations and exclusions for example.

THere are I believe 17 or 21 states that allow the recording of telephone conversations SO LONG AS 1 party to the recording is AWARE of the conversation being recorded. So if your recording the conversation obviously 1 of the 2 party's is aware of it and it is legal in those state that allow it.

Also if you use the standard "This call may be monitored or recorded for training purposes" then it's pretty well accepted by now that in those states that do require 2 party awareness the presumption is that both parties have been made aware of it and have agreed if the parties to the conversation continue conversing.

Back