46 Years Old! New Career?

It is possible. I have an outstanding opportunity for you if you are interested. We are one of the fastest growing agencies in the country and we have a awesome organization. We are the Google of the financial services industry and I would love to introduce to our program.

----------

Would love to introduce you to our company. We are located in Littleton and have a pretty special program. We will mentor, field train and educate you. We are not your typical company who gets you licensed then throws you out on your own.

I have met with and talked to a few companies. Also had lunch with a good fellow today that represents a company here in Colorado. I don't want to make a bad choice. The rep I spoke with today says they offer a 5 year minimum contract, $1950.00 fee, Approximately $700 a month in costs including O&E Insurance at a discount.

My question is are there any good companies out there to start with independently that agents on here have experience with? I would hate to sign a 5 year contract that turned into a huge mistake. The rep I met with today said the company offers discounted leads, training, and support. I have never heard of the company and have not seen reviews from other independent agents.

I am convinced that property and casualty should be part of my arsenal as well now after speaking with him. My main question is what are some good legit companies to work with for Independent Agents in Colorado?

Well since everyone else is, I have an opportunity for ya. We sell heart, which is the ability to get punished in the field and keep on going, very valuable in the insurance industry. Most of our reps make 250k plus the first year out. Pm me.

It is possible. I have an outstanding opportunity for you if you are interested. We are one of the fastest growing agencies in the country and we have a awesome organization. We are the Google of the financial services industry and I would love to introduce to our program.
----------
Would love to introduce you to our company. We are located in Littleton and have a pretty special program. We will mentor, field train and educate you. We are not your typical company who gets you licensed then throws you out on your own.
This is the kind of stuff newbies should be careful (and skeptical) of. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Well since everyone else is, I have an opportunity for ya. We sell heart, which is the ability to get punished in the field and keep on going, very valuable in the insurance industry. Most of our reps make 250k plus the first year out. Pm me.
I don't need your product. If you can't handle rejection I hear 7 Eleven is hiring. You will get $8 an hour and a friggin bullet in your head! Thanks

I don't need your product. If you can't handle rejection I hear 7 Eleven is hiring. You will get $8 an hour and a friggin bullet in your head! Thanks

I don't need most of the products I sell, but my clients do. :) Putting my serious cap on for a minute. If I was you and I wanted the quickest route to a 100k, I would take Spur City up in his offer.

Well you have a decision tree here. I'll lead you down one path, but it is biased towards P&C

"Begin with the end in mind"- 7 habits of Highly effective people.

Decision #1:

What end of the Ins Spectrum do you want? if you answered P&C keep reading. If ''Other" wait for the others to respond

Decision #2: Captive or Independent.

Captive:
Pro: They will teach you a lot but inevitably you will go Indy at some point in your career. Another Pro, they will subsidize your life for a time.
Con: The District Manager will push too hard or force life on you or cut your commissions or change your contract, or, ext, ext. Your Captive will take rate increases and kill your production and you will have one price point while others dissect your book one policy at a time.

Independent: :
Pro: Control expenses. Get higher commission. Higher conversion. Higher retention. All of those factors equal more money.
Con: Starting out. Getting knowledge. Your personality type could sink yourself.

Decision #3:

Once you decide Indy is for you, in the next week or 22 yrs from now. The question will be how to do it. Your options include:

Buy an agency.
Join a group.
Become a producer for an agency.
Get direct appointments.
Get an agency that provides the back end service so you can hunt full time.

You decide which one is best for you.

Decision #4: What group should I join?

There are a lot. Consider the following. NOT ALL GROUPS ARE CREATED EQUAL! They range from good, better and best.

Any group claiming to be best of class should provide the following:
1. Transparency
2. Training and support
3. Carrier Alignment
4. and a great Contract

Give me a call, shoot me am IM. Good luck and have fun with your choices.

I have been in Insurance for 10+ years and the great thing in this industry is you can choose to never stop learning. Your learning curve is never ending.

Back