Books That Every Agents Should Read ?

Hello All,

I am a new member, and have found all the threads very interesting. Also I am new to insurance sales so don't know how helpful my input on this thread will be, but I love this book .

Here is my recommendation:

Start with No: The Negotiating Tools that the Pros Don't Want You to Know By Jim Camp

Spin Selling by Neil Rakham
Ask Questions get Sales by Stephan Schiffman

I heard Spin Selling is good. One thing I found is the good books generally have high used book prices on Amazon. The You Cant Teach A Kid.... book is pretty expensive used. The other thing on Amazon is if there are a LOT of reviews that are positive then it is often a good book. At least 20 or more usually especially if it is over a few years.

Last edited:
the one thing i liked about spin selling is that its revolutionary, the guy blows out all the myths of closing, intros, types of questions used, and he does it all with legitimate research. He notes the volumes of sales books that are rehashed publications, and how publishers themselves dont like to publish some sales books without the word closing in them. Yeah it was a great read, the only sales book i know of that has research backing it.
I want to read the wedge next

I think any salesperson should start by reading Napoleon Hill. In my opinion there isn't anything superior to his teachings. They lay a firm foundation for any type of sales.

I think we can all agree that any successful agents needs to read and study their craft.

I've had a lot of books teach me things that I would have never learned on my own.

These are some great books, that you all are recommending. I'm going to order some of them. I've read some of them already.

[FONT=&quot]Two books that I recommend to anyone who will listen are:

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People[/FONT]
by Steven Covey

The Bible
by various authors
(or the appropriate scripture for your religion)

Back