Can I Get a Full Release From My Contract if I Have Not Written

I am new to the insurance business, and become soooooo confused about what companies to trust. After reading this forum postings, there are so many who are unethical. I come from a career in Business Management, and am excited to make Insurance Sales a definate next step. I need some advice.

I got strongly pursuaded to sign up with Kyle Keator Agency, I didn't know they were an NAA Agency. This was before I read all the bad press about NAA on this forum. I never wrote any business, nor was ever contacted by the agency, Kyle Keater Agency in Ohio - after they constantly called me until I signed the contract. Keator suggested I sign up with Mutual of Omaha, I called them to see if they had me signed. I was told I needed to get released from the Superior Performance Company - I have never heard of this company.
Found out they are affiliated with the NAA Group. Called NAA and was rudely told I needed to email a Release Request to NAALeads.com. Immediately after I sent the email, I got a return email stating NAA would not sign transfer or release forms.

This email went on to say...all NAA carriers have a waiting period of 6 months to 12 months from contract date or last production. The carriers were listed as follows. FOR, ING, ATY, PHX, MON, MOO, BTL, and F & G. I have not idea who most of these abbreviations are. They never mentioned these carriers to me.

I really got myself into a fix, is there any way out, but waiting up to one year to work?

There are many more carriers to do business with and get good compensation. So you can wait out the time 6-12 months.

I am always available to talk to any agent needing guidance. Contact me anytime.

There are more competitive carriers than these.

FOR - Foresters
ING - ING US now VOYA Financial
ATY - ?
PHX - Pheonix
MON - Monumental
MOO - Mutual of Omaha
BTL - Baltimore Life
F&G - Fidelity & Guarantee Life

Thanks for your advice. I will tread carefully from now on. It is great to have guidance from Insurance Business Pros! Please keep this site one that gives good advice, not a place where newbees get bashed for not knowing the ropes.

"for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,". Stay blessed!

So, I also am looking into NAA.com through The Alliance. Free leads for a bit ... then I get to buy them. We have a Medicare book which includes MOO supps. which of course we would not want affected by this. I see MOO is also a life carrier. Considering selling life (income / mortgage protection based plans) through said agency (The Alliance) remotely. After reading comments above I have to ask, is NAALeads.com (The Alliance) helping noncompetitive carriers move product in exchange possibly for some backdoor ching chang ..? We've experienced such sell the client out situations in the past and I'm not that guy. ANY input would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Back