If I Knew then what I Know Now.....

shawnhersh

Expert
For all the newer agents like myself, in an effort to help us maximize our efforts and focus our time on the most productive activities, finish the sentence. If you could go back in time, how would you do it differently and how would you concentrate your time?

Thanks for the inspiration.

For all the newer agents like myself, in an effort to help us maximize our efforts and focus our time on the most productive activities, finish the sentence. If you could go back in time, how would you do it differently and how would you concentrate your time?

I have been in he business for a little over 10 years and just now picked up my first professional designation a few months ago. I really wish that I would have dedicated more time to developing my knowledge base sooner.

If I Knew then what I Know Now..... I never would have assigned my commissions!

If I Knew then what I Know Now..... I would have never put my contracts with an IMO/FMO that doesn't release!

If I Knew then what I Know Now..... I would have never gone for the low commissions just because they had so-called "free" leads.

If I Knew then what I Know Now..... I would have worked more consistently because my book of business would be worth double or more!

I'd go independent a lot sooner than I did......and I'd work a whole lot harder!:yes:

If I Knew then what I Know Now..... I never would have assigned my commissions!

If I Knew then what I Know Now..... I would have never put my contracts with an IMO/FMO that doesn't release!

If I Knew then what I Know Now..... I would have never gone for the low commissions just because they had so-called "free" leads.

If I Knew then what I Know Now..... I would have worked more consistently because my book of business would be worth double or more!

Ditto this. Except I never took lower commissions for leads. Nobody ever offered leads.

But I certainly would have never contracted with the dishonest agencies like Applied General Agencies or Bob Bever (RBI). Scum of the earth!

Rick

If I went back to my beginning knowing what I know now, I would have had more emphasis on knowing industry trends. Also, I'd have gone independent much sooner than I did; my commissions on most products doubled when I went indy, and some products tripled my original commissions.

Last edited:
I would not have allowed myself to get sidetracked into the antiques and collectibles business and would have continue to direct all my efforts to the insurance business. Also would have concentrated on the Cancer market instead of med supp and FE.

I would've learned how to pick my mentors and selling processes better. Then build my belief to match the 'great Mehdi' about the insurance business.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would not have allowed myself to get sidetracked into the antiques and collectibles business and would have continue to direct all my efforts to the insurance business. Also would have concentrated on the Cancer market instead of med supp and FE.

Maybe heart attack and stroke too, huh?

Back