New Agent: Should I Invest in a Printer?

So how much does that machine cost you per month?

I have no idea, I'll have to ask my office/business manager. We've had it for a few years now and after we reviewed the cost, I forgot about it. I'll send you a message and let you know.

Hi Guys and Gals,

I'm just getting started, and am trying to make sure I'm well-prepared/organized so everything runs smoothly.

I currently go to the library to print when needed, which is rare.

The question is, will I frequently need a printer when selling insurance?

Thanks,
Dylan

You can get a printer/scanner/copier for $60 and fax through Ring Central for $10 a month at night after the library's closed. At $1 a page(or more), the gas you spend going to the library and the convenience of being able to fax whenever you want, it'll pay for itself in less than a month.

Personally, I see "faxing" -- actually using a fax machine -- as getting antiquated. While I still have a machine, with the so-called "e-fax" and computer-based faxing, using the actual machine is just becoming fewer and far less.

As far as the scanner -- I've seen some "basic" machines, similar to the all in one types, that allow multiple pages via the feeder. I don't know if the capacity is 20 pages or 100. However, I would think that you could get a quality machine to fill any needs. Obviously cost is a factor here.

I've had very good experiences with Brother machines. I'm currently using a little $150 wireless all-in-one. If I must fax, I use SRFax. Epson machines are pretty good and cost efficient, but I haven't found them to have the reliability and longevity of Brother. HP, as we hopefully should all already know, should be avoided at all cost.

With the carriers I use, fax is still almost as essential as email. I have been using HP 8000 series with few problems. I work with older agents and therefore have become the tech person in the office along with another thirtysomething. We used to share a huge old all in one and now each desk has an HP Officejet Pro 8600. Should be enough for one person.

Back