New to Sales, New to Insurance!! Help Please

NewProducer

Hello All,

I really appreciate you opening my topic and am asking you for some support. Here is a brief background:

I am new to sales and have absolutely no background in either sales or insurance. I have been with a company for about a year now and it has been a rough start. I work off commission only and was not able to motivate myself for the first couple of months. I was still unsure if Insurance was for me and was in the face of the fear of rejection. Months later and I have now been humbled and can acknowledge that rejection is not that scary and motivates me to keep going.
However, I am struggling with an area in sales and can see that I'm not sure what the answer is at this point. The problem lies in the closing of sales. I have had cases were a prospect mentions that although we are able to save them money, they are not interested to switch at the time due to "loyalty to their company, being that they have been with them for such a long time." At that point I think to myself, "Great, they are showing loyalty an that's the type of clients I want to serve, on to the next." This seems to work for my state of mind, but I can tell my agent gets frustrated with this. I don't believe that there is a lack of people that need insurance so I just choose to move on. A lot of you have been in this business for awhile, and a lot of you are agents who possibly have producers in the same situation. I am open to change my point of view if I feel it will benefit the prospect and myself, but not sure what my options are in this situation. Feedback and advice please. Thank You

Call me next week, mid week, if you have time to discuss.

Hello All,

I really appreciate you opening my topic and am asking you for some support. Here is a brief background:

I am new to sales and have absolutely no background in either sales or insurance. I have been with a company for about a year now and it has been a rough start. I work off commission only and was not able to motivate myself for the first couple of months. I was still unsure if Insurance was for me and was in the face of the fear of rejection. Months later and I have now been humbled and can acknowledge that rejection is not that scary and motivates me to keep going.
However, I am struggling with an area in sales and can see that I'm not sure what the answer is at this point. The problem lies in the closing of sales. I have had cases were a prospect mentions that although we are able to save them money, they are not interested to switch at the time due to "loyalty to their company, being that they have been with them for such a long time." At that point I think to myself, "Great, they are showing loyalty an that's the type of clients I want to serve, on to the next." This seems to work for my state of mind, but I can tell my agent gets frustrated with this. I don't believe that there is a lack of people that need insurance so I just choose to move on. A lot of you have been in this business for awhile, and a lot of you are agents who possibly have producers in the same situation. I am open to change my point of view if I feel it will benefit the prospect and myself, but not sure what my options are in this situation. Feedback and advice please. Thank You

Hello All,

I've been in the senior market for a very long time. I find selling Med Supps just about the easiest kind of insurance to sell and seniors are some of the best people to deal with.

Med Supps, in my opinion, are the easiest to prospect for, the easiest to get appointments for and to sell. I'm selling them a product that the fast majority of them both want and need. The interest is already there all I have to do is convince them that I am a "better guy" to have it when then the last guy they talked to.

I have helped a lot of agents get started who are doing extremely well. I would be happy to help you get started.

Give me a call and we can discuss it further. My number is below.

Hey Frank, I didn't know you ever sold anything but med supps, how far do you go back?!?!?

LOL

I've been in the senior market for a very long time. I find selling Med Supps just about the easiest kind of insurance to sell and seniors are some of the best people to deal with.

Med Supps, in my opinion, are the easiest to prospect for, the easiest to get appointments for and to sell. I'm selling them a product that the fast majority of them both want and need. The interest is already there all I have to do is convince them that I am a "better guy" to have it when then the last guy they talked to.

I have helped a lot of agents get started who are doing extremely well. I would be happy to help you get started.

Give me a call and we can discuss it further. My number is below.

the guy needs help...not old timers war stories.
1.knock on 10 doors a day
2.stick n stay and make them pay. If you dont get thrown out of a house at least once a week, you are not working hard enough
3.Ask them if they believe the company they are with is loyal to them...well they pay all my bills...YOU PAY THEM TO PAY ALL Your Bills!! THEY ONLY KNOW YOU AS POLICY # 123456...They can only compete in price and service...when was the last time you saw that agent? 7 Years ago? they arnt loyal to you they are loyal to that monthly premium...I am here to help you, i can start helping you today, do you get benefits under yourself or your spouse? BREAK EYE CONTACT, PUT YOUR HEAD DOWN AND START WRITING ON THE APP

2.stick n stay and make them pay. If you dont get thrown out of a house at least once a week, you are not working hard enough
3.Ask them if they believe the company they are with is loyal to them...well they pay all my bills...YOU PAY THEM TO PAY ALL Your Bills!! THEY ONLY KNOW YOU AS POLICY # 123456...They can only compete in price and service...when was the last time you saw that agent? 7 Years ago? they arnt loyal to you they are loyal to that monthly premium...I am here to help you, i can start helping you today, do you get benefits under yourself or your spouse? BREAK EYE CONTACT, PUT YOUR HEAD DOWN AND START WRITING ON THE APP

This post is a couple of years old. WHy did you feel the need to post on it? The guy is long gone by now.

This post is a couple of years old. WHy did you feel the need to post on it? The guy is long gone by now.

It sounds like he is really proud of his overly aggressive method of "selling" insurance.

"stick n stay and make them pay."

"If you dont get thrown out of a house at least once a week, you are not working hard enough"

That sounds like a blueprint for instant success to me. I don't know about you but I think I will adopt that super secret method of slamming insurance down someone's throat. The hell with persistency and trying to help the prospect. Force the most expensive thing you have on them. :twitchy:

He has either figured it out or has changed professions by now.

#1 OK
#2 Sliminess factor
#3 Not the way I would word it but it has some truth.
#3a >>"".when was the last time you saw that agent? 7 Years ago? they arnt loyal to you they are loyal to that monthly premium...I am here to help you, ...""
Do you provide service after the sale? Do they call you to do bank, address and Bene changes or do you refer them to the HO? When was the last time you saw the clients you wrote 7 years ago? If you are doing all the things you are knocking the other guy for not doing, Cool. If not, you are hurting the rest of us.

Just my 2 cents.

Back