Newbie Agent

gulfportslammin

Hey guys! First time post :)

I just recently pass my florida state exam for my 2-15 license. I was supposed to be working with AIG but am having background check issues. No bad credit on report and never been arrested. I guess my dates didnt corelate and I got denied because it ( rushed application in office and didnt have work history on hand).

Any recommendations on companies to work for? I dont want to be an independent agent until I learn the ropes and have mastered my craft. The AIG manager that oversees a lot of florida really likes me and is very upset with the background company now complying and talking to him. He says he will take care of me and get me into Transamerica if this cant get anywhere. From what I read trans America seems a little pyramidish. I wanna work for me not hiring people under me.

Any imput woukd be greatly appreciated

One thing I can tell you is, you can't rush and expect to do well.
Accuracy is key in this industry. Your above message is full of misspellings and grammatical errors---so likely you rushed this as well.

As far as TransAm, there are much worse places to start your career. I recommend going this route over AIG.

Only rushed on application because hiring manager wanted me to get processed asap. Sorry for grammatical errors im typing from phone and didn't go over my post.

What opinions do you have on AIG

What companies operate similar to them.

Maybe its just because I dont understamd multi level marketing. Is that what transamerica is all about

Appreciate your time

I never knew TA as an MLM organization. Perhaps others can chime in.

As far as AIG, I've never been captive with them so can't really say how they treat their newly hired agents. I thought you said you cannot work with them. Have they passed your background check now?

What are your goals as an insurance agent? What type of insurance are you going to specialize in? If you're going to offer annuities, you might want to consider being independent as other carriers might have better annuity options.

Good luck in your quest. You said you have an Area Manager for AIG in your corner, but he also is telling you he can "get you into" TA so likely he'll just hand you off to one of his acquaintances. I'm just wondering how and why your background was denied with AIG if your credit is okay and you have never been arrested. Seems strange and I would look into whether your identity may have been compromised at some point.

I was under the impression that with TA had you hire people under you. I might be wrong here.

As to with thr background check I have the entire thing and went over it with my area manager. It just had wrong years for 2 jobs and the company that did the check emailed an email that at the time broke (gmail inbox locked anf there is no customer service) yes he has friends higher up in TA and sees potential in me. Most people instantly feel comfortable around me and like my presence and im guessing it won him over. They are gonna fight for me its just a last resort thing taking the job there.

I wanna stay captive until I learn my comfort zone. Starting with life insurance first and once I get that down I cant slowly work my way into other life investments.

Back