Read the Agent Guide Before Submitting an Application!

Mark

Guru
5000 Post Club
Georgia
I can’t stress enough to you how important it is to read the agent guide before you go and sell someone a product with any company. At least read the instructions on the application!

If an insurance company puts instructions on the application, and in big bold print puts” Things you need to know” please make sure to read it.

There is a reason why they have an agent guide, underwriting guide, and instructions on an application.

Here is a reason why as an IMO I try and always avoid allowing an application to come in with a contract. It just always causes hassle.

BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR FIRST APPLICATION TO AN INSURANCE COMPANY, BE SURE AND READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

I would agree with this. It basically tells you all the rules you need to know about riders, underwriting, etc. This is why most of the captives I've worked with before- almost always train from the agent's guide. Usually , anywho.

Last edited:
Mark, I couldn't agree with you more!!

Just this week I've had two agents asking me where they send a Monumental app to. Monumental has the Express Issue Cover Sheet as the very first page of every application. It's written in bold type at the bottom where to fax or mail the app to.

I find it amazing how many agents would rather pick up the phone or send an email asking several questions that are clearly addressed in the agent guides, rather than read the guide itself.

I had an agent mad at me, because he didnt read the instructions on the application, or any of the guides and submitted a Foresters App that he had not done a PHI at point of sale. So they told him, he would have to go by the rules and redo it.

Some how he blames me. I did send him the application instructions back that was attached the application in big bold print and ask him to read it this time.

I read the agent guides, and scrub my apps 3 times before submitting, once while doing the app another in the office while putting everything in order and a third time as I scan it into my system...

I rarely get NIGO apps but it does still happen every now and then.

Read the agent guide thats funny who does that?? Just submit it and if something goes wrong just blame Mark or the IMO!! :D HAHAHAHAHA Read the agent guide you guys crack me up!!!!!!!!!

I read the agent guides, and scrub my apps 3 times before submitting, once while doing the app another in the office while putting everything in order and a third time as I scan it into my system...

I rarely get NIGO apps but it does still happen every now and then.

I had an agent mad at me, because he didnt read the instructions on the application, or any of the guides and submitted a Foresters App that he had not done a PHI at point of sale. So they told him, he would have to go by the rules and redo it.

Some how he blames me. I did send him the application instructions back that was attached the application in big bold print and ask him to read it this time.

Come on, everyone knows that all IMOs do is go from mimosas at brunch to martinis at lunch, to Manhattans at dinner. Surely you can scrub an app or two before the afternoon polo match.

Back