What to Do After Leads?

newkid11

Hi everyone,
I have just begun working with a state farm agent. He has been open less than a year and I have no previous experience and have just earned my licenses (p and c and life). I had no idea how any of this worked and thought I would be calling leads all day and reaching out to existing customers mainly. I knew it would not be easy but I felt as though the agent was there to guide me.
He says that he does not want to buy leads as they "don't work". I have been given a list of leads which are old and previously worked over. The agent flat out told me that based on my inexperience I would make maybe a couple of sales from them. He is expecting me to generate all of my own leads. Is this normal?
I was successful in pitching a few friends and family members but im seeing that is a poor long term strategy like selling amway or tupperware. What can I do to bring in business as a brand new team member and have a future in this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi everyone, I have just begun working with a state farm agent. He has been open less than a year and I have no previous experience and have just earned my licenses (p and c and life). I had no idea how any of this worked and thought I would be calling leads all day and reaching out to existing customers mainly. I knew it would not be easy but I felt as though the agent was there to guide me. He says that he does not want to buy leads as they "don't work". I have been given a list of leads which are old and previously worked over. The agent flat out told me that based on my inexperience I would make maybe a couple of sales from them. He is expecting me to generate all of my own leads. Is this normal? I was successful in pitching a few friends and family members but im seeing that is a poor long term strategy like selling amway or tupperware. What can I do to bring in business as a brand new team member and have a future in this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

You will write business if you call those leads sheerly out of probability , as there is always a percentage of people that are interested in getting a comparison coat at any given time. Is it a panacea? No.

The languaging you use in the Intel you already have on this particular lead should help you close a certain percentage more than just calling cold

You then need to use establish centers of influence with every girl that works in the leasing office of an apartment community. Establish relationships with other COIs.

You must then have an aggressive not passive referral strategy

Working hard is important but working hard at doing ineffective things stupid.

Take a day a week and hit the streets. Visit mortgage brokers, credit unions, high end apartment complexes (start with renters insurance and flip their auto). Always show up with a small gift (candy, coffee, cookies) and business material (brochures, flyers, ...). Check out their websites so you know who to ask for. It will take a few months to get the leads coming your way, but they will come. Be friendly, informative, and persistent!

NewKid,

Leave and Go independent! Do it now or do it later. you will eventually do it.

Do the things the others have said. Think, "Centers of Influence" Mortgage Brokers!

Back