I Want to Work Only Part Time...Any Suggestions?

success2009

I am a recently licensed 215 agent in Florida, seeking a sales opportunity as a non-captive agent working from home.

Since I am new to the field I would like to transition into the business working part-time. I realize it takes a few years to learn the business properly.

Since I live in Florida, what companies/products are suggested I sell. My goal is to build a customer base by providing products that are right for the individual. I believe in long term relationship building.

Any suggestions for a company that allows the freedom to work independantly and part time from home...?

I am realistic about my income working part time, but see it as a long term project as I learn the business....

Thank you in advance for all replies.

Success2009

I have found that part-timers turn into no-timers.

wow...I bet the National Guard and Reserves would argue that...lol I know that's not what you meant, but it makes my point VERY WELL.

If a part time agent has a cler understanding of CPS and uses a Clear Daily Work Model consistently we have seen them enjoy the same percentage of success as full timers.

I personnaly don't recommend selling from home because of the vast, vast, vast number of referrals you miss out on. Don't ever let anyone tell you different!

Good Luck

High rate of quitting is normal for agents. But if you stay and go through the pain, you come out laughing as a successful agent.

I was once told " Insurance is the worst short term job, but best long term career." I have been in the business for a decade (not very long) and I accredit that to being focused on a long term goal... early retirement. I say that to say, part-time or full-time, it's longevity that counts.

thanks to all the great advice and responses.

The reason I mentioned part time is due to several reasons.

1) the economy is bad, so I am not sure how this is affecting insurance sales.
2) I need a pay check. I have 2 small children, being divorced, the state of Florida does not care about what I do, as long as I pay my child support.
3) I lack experience. I need to learn the business.

So starting part time would be in my opinion the way to go.

I am interested in Avmed, because my mother worked for them about 6 years ago as a CSR. She liked the company. I am in the West Palm Beach area. Senior market is good here and like many other parts of Florida.

What is the best way to apply to these companies...? Are companies like Avmed considered 'captive"?

Thank you.

Back