There

rousemark

Still Here!
5000 Post Club
Niota, TN
Called on some folks about cancer insurance yesterday. The wife's family had a history of cancer and she saw a need for the coverage and wanted it for her family... But, the husband was an 'investor" and a Ramseyite. He came up with all the arguments against buying a plan. It is a bad buy since it covers only cancer and he might have another illness. He would be better off putting the $50.00 per month in a savings vehicle so he could use the money for anything he needed to use it for., etc.

After we discussed it for several minutes.. I simply asked him if he were rich. Then I asked if he personally had ever had cancer. He answered no to both. I then said to him, "Dave Ramsey is rich and he can afford to pay for the very best of medical care out of his pocket ... You and I don't have that luxury and as far as I know, Dave Ramsey has never had cancer... I have and I know many other people that have experienced it.. Some of them were rich..but everyone that I have ever known, rich or poor, that has ever had cancer has had one of two things to say about cancer insurance.. The ones that had it say, 'I am thankful I had it' and the ones that did not have it say, 'I wish I had had it.' Not once have I ever had one say, 'I am sure am glad I put that $50.00 per month in bonds.." I then sat silently for what seemed an eternity as he looked first to his wife , then to me and then back to his wife... Finally, he said, "What do we need to do?"

There will always be people who think they know best for everybody that will claim cancer insurance is a bad buy in all cases.. Most have never had cancer.

If there is any history of cancer in a family they should certainly own it. Louis, that was a great way to handle that objection.

If there is any history of cancer in a family they should certainly own it. Louis, that was a great way to handle that objection.

Is there any way to change a thread title? I don't know how I managed to change the title to nothing but "There" when I submitted this.

We all know you where essentially tell the husband so "there" with your title.

Naw.. I just grinned and took his check.. Not a lot of money but $390 annualized commission is not bad for an old "retired" guy who only worked 3 hours yesterday..

This is one of the best I've ever heard.

Are you selling a lump sum or treatment plan?

Back