FE Cold Call Campaign Analysis

CloserCoffee

Hi everybody,

I have just started a brand new telemarketing campaign to test how well I can generate leads from this medium.

Some things upfront:

1) Calls are not made by me. I know and understand the edge in doing your own telemarketing, but I don't have the option at the time.

2) The telemarketer calls from 9AM to 12PM (roughly) Mondays through Fridays.

3) We are only 3 days into the campaign.

4) We're running 2 lines simultaneously.

5) List if I recall is 60-78, $15,000 and up (in an "urban" area, so most of the households in this category should fit).

Here's the results so far:

Total time logged in. (hh:mm:ss) 13:28:46
Persons Talked to 54
Number of minutes (talk time) (hh:mm:ss) 00:45:56
Leads 3
Call Back 11
DNC 38
Count of Answering machine recordings 27
Count of no answers 184
Count of on hold 6
Total calls made 265
Count of not reachable 0
# of connected calls per hour average 70.5

Thoughts or constructive criticism is welcomed. I'm new to telemarketing and want to make it as productive as possible.

Hi everybody,

3) We are only 3 days into the campaign.

Persons Talked to 54
Number of minutes (talk time) (hh:mm:ss) 00:45:56
Leads 3
Call Back 11
DNC 38
Count of Answering machine recordings 27
Count of no answers 184
Count of on hold 6
Total calls made 265
Count of not reachable 0

seems to me your not reaching as many people as you should be with 80% answering machines which no answers is lumped in there.. what you have it set to 3-4 rings? older people are slower to the phone.
you should be running around 25% people reached. seems even seniors dont answer the phone these days.
1.1% response rate is consistent to the numbers i ran..

also, running a dialer you should be sizzling through the list..only 70 an hour seems like somethings gettin bogged down somewhere..

Last edited:
I'm a little confused by the way you have the numbers laid out.

13 hours dialing, but only 45 minutes of talk time? Is that right? Part of the problem is definitely the two line dialer, I'm biased because I work with SalesDialers.com and they offer a four line service that blazes through the numbers.

If you're getting any leads at all then it shows that you're doing something right and the good news is that you just need to adjust a few things. Do you have recordings from the calls? If you'd like to talk to me offline about your script I can give you some pointers that might be helpful.

If you want to read through the "cold calling 101" section on my website you will probably find some helpful tips there as well.

One other challenge might be that the "urban" areas can run hot and cold. If you pick more "blue collar" or rural type areas that might help as well.

Thanks guys so far.

We're running SalesDialers at 2 lines simultaneously per the company's advice.

I'll have them record the call session for tomorrow and get back with you.

I imagine some of these initial results is just "getting the gears going." Here were today's numbers compared to the campaign total of 3 days:

Total time logged in. (hh:mm:ss) 03:03:52
Persons Talked to 20
Number of minutes (talk time) (hh:mm:ss) 00:13:01
Leads 1
Call Back 2
DNC 17
Count of Answering machine recordings 14
Count of no answers 114
Count of on hold 6
Count of busy numbers 0
Total calls made 148
# of connected calls per hour average 92.2

Your numbers aren't making sense. Your avg number of connected calls equals more than the total calls made.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I plan on making a few cold calls tomorrow until I get at least 3 appointments. Your numbers make me not want to wake up tomorrow...

Last edited:
yeah.. this is all screwed up.. 148 calls in 3 hours??? how much you payin this telemarketer,, you can do more than that dialing with your finger on one line.
salesdialer you should be hittin 600 easy with two lines in that time.. weird stuff

I use one dialer with callfire and I get close to 100 dials per hour. I average a little less than 1 lead per hour.

Your avg number of connected calls equals more than the total calls made.
Probably answering machines slipping through.

No. The telemarketer is logged in from 9am-12pm.

Total time logged in. (hh:mm:ss) 03:03:52

Total calls made 148
# of connected calls per hour average 92.2
looking at the number of calls per hour average and the total number of calls, we can deduce that your telemarketer only dialed for 1.5 hours during the three hours logged.

Your original was even worse:

Total calls made 265
In 13.5 hours your so-called telemarketer made 3.75 hours of calls.

Last edited:
Hmm... thanks for the insight, y'all.

To make matters worse, they tell me they were using 3 lines as opposed to 2 from the most recent call campaign.

I'll get to the bottom of this...

Checking through the call log, there are intermittent breaks scattered throughout, along with an hour break from the most recent campaign. So, yes, the telemarketer really only called for a total of 1.5, maybe 2 hours.

Thank goodness SalesDialers keeps things honest -- I have the calls recorded now so I should have some more updates coming soon...

Last edited:
Back