MOJO Email in Bad Taste...IMO.

cmtownsend

I recently responded to Mojo Selling Solutions regarding an email campaign that I think was done in bad taste. As fellow insurance professionals, I would hope none of you call your competition "clunkers." I believe such name calling would give our industry a bad name and place us into the category of used car salesmen or modern day politicians. Mojo, like other dialing services, has a great product that can help agents grow their book of business exponentially. However, their marketing techniques, in my opinion, are unprofessional. In my opinion, holding a business to a higher standard is worth more than saving a buck. For what it's worth here is my response:

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

During the last few weeks I have been in the market to purchase a lead management and dialing software system to help me expand my insurance firm. I would like for you to know that I have done a great deal of research which included visiting websites, reading blogs and reading the reviews of others in my industry.

My research has led me to the FACT that there are a variety of companies with phone dialer and lead management solutions with a wide array of options available to all types of sales professionals. There are single dialer systems, as well as multi-dialer systems which significantly increases the number of calls made within a given time.

As a professional, I find it essential to conduct myself as such and I expect the same from those with whom I conduct business. On July 18, 2011, I was extremely disappointed with your company when I received your email promoting your “Cash for Clunkers Program.” Your email stated, “…we are willing to do whatever it takes…” I suppose your marketing team has adopted this “whatever it takes” philosophy in hopes of gaining new business. It seems a more logical and ethical approach would have been to inform me on how your company would benefit mine.

In my 17 years of professional sales experience I have always been taught that if you have the superior product there is no need to degrade your competition. In addition, your email proclaims that you are the “…leading power dialer and lead manager…” Based on my recent research I am curious as to how your company came to this conclusion. I forwarded your email to the Better Business Bureau of New Hampshire.

As you may have already guessed, I have decided against giving your company my business and have forwarded your email to the Better Business Bureau of New Hampshire.

I recently responded to Mojo Selling Solutions regarding an email campaign that I think was done in bad taste. As fellow insurance professionals, I would hope none of you call your competition "clunkers." I believe such name calling would give our industry a bad name and place us into the category of used car salesmen or modern day politicians. Mojo, like other dialing services, has a great product that can help agents grow their book of business exponentially. However, their marketing techniques, in my opinion, are unprofessional. In my opinion, holding a business to a higher standard is worth more than saving a buck. For what it's worth here is my response:

Well they are "clunkers" if they are not current with technology etc.....e.g. They are old and their style is outdated and not working. If someone has a better, new advanced way of doing something and the competition falls behind, they are old. Fact, not opinion. And it's good business to stay advanced and it's bad business not to tell everyone about it.....

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

During the last few weeks I have been in the market to purchase a lead management and dialing software system to help me expand my insurance firm. I would like for you to know that I have done a great deal of research which included visiting websites, reading blogs and reading the reviews of others in my industry.

My research has led me to the FACT that there are a variety of companies with phone dialer and lead management solutions with a wide array of options available to all types of sales professionals. There are single dialer systems, as well as multi-dialer systems which significantly increases the number of calls made within a given time.

As a professional, I find it essential to conduct myself as such and I expect the same from those with whom I conduct business. On July 18, 2011, I was extremely disappointed with your company when I received your email promoting your “Cash for Clunkers Program.” Your email stated, “…we are willing to do whatever it takes…” I suppose your marketing team has adopted this “whatever it takes” philosophy in hopes of gaining new business. It seems a more logical and ethical approach would have been to inform me on how your company would benefit mine.

In my 17 years of professional sales experience I have always been taught that if you have the superior product there is no need to degrade your competition. In addition, your email proclaims that you are the “…leading power dialer and lead manager…” Based on my recent research I am curious as to how your company came to this conclusion. I forwarded your email to the Better Business Bureau of New Hampshire.

As you may have already guessed, I have decided against giving your company my business and have forwarded your email to the Better Business Bureau of New Hampshire.

Oh, get over it. It was a play on words...

1. You obviously have too much time on your hands.
2. The BBB is worthless
3. There is nobody that does it better than Mojo
4. This is your first post so you probably work for a competitor
5. Did I say the BBB is worthless, they have NO power!!!!!
6. This post makes you sounds like a momma's-boy:SLEEP:
7. You remind me of someone who has a brother that's a lawyer and you just couldn't quite get there, so you pretend..

Just my observations!!!!:D

Oh yeah, if you didn'tget MOJO for the price they are offering, you're an *** too.

son_i_am_disappoint_RE_OMG_MUST_SEE_WELL_SEXY-s480x600-47994-580.gif

I think you blew that out of proportion.

And Mojo is the best, at least that I've found. Not by a little, but by leagues. I think you goofed on who ever else you chose.

Strong first post.

lets see, first post. and he is ragging on mojo.... and his feelings are hurt! lets guess what dial service he owns, i guess he is selling the clunker.

son_i_am_disappoint_RE_OMG_MUST_SEE_WELL_SEXY-s480x600-47994-580.gif

I think you blew that out of proportion.

And Mojo is the best, at least that I've found. Not by a little, but by leagues. I think you goofed on who ever else you chose.

Strong first post.

I've often wondered what you look like. Now that I know, I understand why you are so successful. I'm sure prospects are scared to death to tell you that they don't want to take a policy with you. :D

Mojo isn't the best either, the best is a pure custom system set to your exact criteria with inbound and outbound calling, crm integration, quote engine integration, etc etc. It doesn't really exist, unless you want to hire programmers to make and maintain it.

honestly the most cost effective system out there is prob call fire.
you pay for $100-150 mo for a dilaer, barely anyone picks up....

Mojo isn't the best either, the best is a pure custom system set to your exact criteria with inbound and outbound calling, crm integration, quote engine integration, etc etc. It doesn't really exist, unless you want to hire programmers to make and maintain it.

lol well of course...

anything your willing to attack with an unlimited amount of funds is going to be the best.

If you customized your house and car from the ground up it would of course be the best.

However most of those luxuries aren't within reason for most people

Depends.

We're trying to get vicidial to do a cloud install right now but it craps out at 3 lines. I want 5 and stable before I'm willing to do anything with it.

Callfire is somewhat overpriced. They charge for dial time. If you're on a self hosted vicidial or colo install, the calls cost 1.4 cents a minute in 6 second increments during talk time only and only on calls to a physical land line, dial time is not counted at all.

I called for a few weeks for 20 bucks. Our server with 11 people on it does like 50 bucks a week.
Server capacity is 30ish people, server costs me 350 a month, I charge people 90$ for the dialer for unlimited minutes.

For callfire on 5 lines that'd run you.. well that doesn't exist.

For them on 4:1, they charge 2$ an hour, which is .0333 a minute, which is over double the cost of minutes, and they charge for dialing time.

If you use more than 10 hours a week on a dialer I beat them a lot.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
lol well of course...

anything your willing to attack with an unlimited amount of funds is going to be the best.

If you customized your house and car from the ground up it would of course be the best.

However most of those luxuries aren't within reason for most people

Hah, baited someone into it.

Yeah it does exist. Right now I only have life quoting built in, and inbound calling isn't finished yet. All the other things are already working.

Last edited:
Back