Netquote 25% Cap, I'm One of the 2.5%

pbbaseball

Guru
100+ Post Club
I've used them for about 18 months, and have spent 6k-7k. Never really felt like it was a great deal, but sometimes with cross selling it wasn't too bad. Tried to call, did some drop in's, and probably never really turned in more than the 10-15% of my leads for credit, because I just wasn't too focused on it.

So ended up getting 117 leads in last 2 months, and spent the time actually going out to see all of them face to face, and go figure, of the ones I caught up within the 10 day credit period, 80 of them were completely fake! of the remaining 37, I had 14 good leads, and the remaining 23 I never caught up with face to face.

Haven't taken the time to calculate what I spent vs what was credited, but at the $350 I was charged, based on the same ratios would've been almost $800 in credits, which they credited no questions asked.

I didn't mind the gas and time wasted contacting the 69% of fake ones, cause I feel like that's as good as door knocking, but I can knock on doors for free, not for 800 bucks of "leads".

But because of this, they made me have a max of 25% I could get credit for in the future, guaranteeing 75% were legit, when over a 60 day period, I had personally realized that 69% were fake. Of course I told them where to stick it...

they said it was because 2.5% of the customers apply for 50% of the credits, and I replied that means they are making a ton on the 97.5% that don't work all the leads and apply for the credits (same as I had been the previous 18 months).

They have a hell of a business model. promote quality as their number 1 goal, let the blind continue to pay for the names out of the phone book, and then cap the accounts of those that actually work the system. Since they are selling them to multiple agents, would've thought they wouldn't mind taking my money with the high credits, since not selling any to me will make them no money.

Just seems odd that once someone is onto their scam that the policies change. Thought I would share... curious to see if others have charted it closely by actually going face to face instead of dialing and not getting returned calls.

I've posted on this before...When you catch them supplying bogus leads they blame it on affiliates. But they know the affiliates are doing this and don't care because the way their system works you pay for the product and then had to prove the lead is bogus. Also depending on the lead provider all sometimes all contact info has to be proven fake to be creditable....So fake name, fake address and telephone but with an email address that does not bounce back is a "valid" lead but for who?

When you add to that that a portion of people will never be reached and the vendors sell these leads to other agents and lead resellers its a heck of a business model.

We have used Netquote consistently for the last 6 years, spending about $1500 per month on them.

We have always had success with them..........until this month.

We used a recording system in our office so every call is recorded, and this month the leads have been terrible. I started to have my staff ask the lead:

"When did you make this request" and

"How many agents have contacted you"

The lead is on an auto dialer in my office so there is no chance of us being beat to it..........unless we are not getting them in real time.

The last 11 leads have basically told us: "I did that yesterday and you are the 6th agent to call".

I contact Netquote, they try to bull spit me........until I reveal I have a recording of every lead........and forward it to them.

Their response? " Er, Mr customer, we must have a problem with our computers let me talk to a manager about this"

My response, you have just lost a loyal customer.

That was yesterday........I am still waiting for their call........

Been there-done that-seen the movie before.In the long run every agent figures it out.You can not win with people who lie to you.

NEVER WORK WITH A COMPANY THAT CAPS IT'S CREDITS.

While there are problems with anyone you choose to work with for internet leads. Stay away from those who create an artifical cap on credits. There are too many choices out there to put up with this.

NEVER WORK WITH A COMPANY THAT CAPS IT'S CREDITS.

While there are problems with anyone you choose to work with for internet leads. Stay away from those who create an artifical cap on credits. There are too many choices out there to put up with this.

There is only one reason to create a cap on credits. And that is because the lead quality is bad. If it was just a few bad apples among agents, you could just ditch them instead of creating a cap. A cap is needed when everyone is complaining about lead quality.

what do you expect? this is the ins lead gen industry.

it is what is....

Yep, it is what it is........I'll spend my $18,000 per year elsewhere........

Like I said, its odd that over the last 6 years we have had consistent results with them. Then all of a sudden.......

Plenty more fish in the sea!

So fake name, fake address and telephone but with an email address that does not bounce back is a "valid" lead but for who?

Wow, haven't ran into one that required everything to be correct yet, but haven't really tried a whole bunch of internet lead companies. If an email address made it valid, it would be impossible to EVER get credits I would think...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I contact Netquote, they try to bull spit me........until I reveal I have a recording of every lead........and forward it to them.

Their response? " Er, Mr customer, we must have a problem with our computers let me talk to a manager about this"

My response, you have just lost a loyal customer.

That was yesterday........I am still waiting for their call........

They were always easy to get to on the phone, until I called the "fraud and loss prevention department". Then instead of getting picked up immediately, I had to leave a message, and 2 days later, call back since I never got a return call.

In response to the recording, I told them I had no problem taking photos of the homes for homeowners leads for proof that the 3000 square foot home was a 25 yr old singlewide as long as I got credit for the total crap leads to remove the cap. Of course they said no...

Last edited:
Back