Prospecting

As a new member I am curious as to what methods have and have not worked for experianced members. As they say, you never know until you go out and try it. That being said, my main prospecting tool has been meeting people in public while they are out and about. I enjoy it, but I am curious for other methods out there. For instance, the internet leads. Any insight and constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated.

I utilize the following methods for prospecting:
  1. Direct Mail Lead cards
  2. Auto Dialer Leads
  3. Live Transfers
  4. Referrals
  5. My own websites
  6. Turning 65 Lists
  7. Internet Leads
Referrals are always the best!
Direct Mail leads are pretty good also because the prospect is reaching out to you, same with my websites. If you have internet leads that are not shared they can be OK too. With the live transfers and auto dialer leads they are ok but with these techniques the prospect is not actively pursuing the information but they seem to have somewhat of an interest and you can close deals on these too, the good thing about these is you can generally get them quick if you are low on other lead sources.

Bottom line is not to focus only on one lead prospecting source but use a variety of lead sources to always have a consistent flow of prospects to see.

Great Selling!

Hi Matt,

Just curious - with the Live Transfer leads, are those coming from people who were actively seeking coverage or were they cold called?

Thanks. Mike

they are cold called, i am looking for a company that will provide them based on people who have submitted interest first via direct mail or internet lead or possibly have called into an 800# or something, i just haven't found it yet

Thank you Matt. The turning 65 list, where can I get one of those? And the autodialer, explain that one to me a bit more. Thank you.

I get my T65 lists from salesgenie, they seem to do Ok and are scrubbed against the DNC list as long as you have a SAN. I could get you a list if I have the area code you want in my SAN, I have about half of them now across the country. PM me or email me a list of counties you would want this list in and I would be happy to send you 6 months or so of T-65's.

The autodialer leads (click here for their website) call a list of prospects based on certain demographics such as age, income, location and plays a pre recorded message if the person is interested in getting additional information from an insurance broker then they press one on their telephone if uninterested and wish to be placed on no call list they press a different number. The lead company sends me everyone who presses one, and it also gives the option for the prospect to leave a message with when is the best time to call back etc. they dont always leave this message but if they do i get the details of their message left. These are very similiar to the live-transfers with the exception of not being transferred right now.

As a new member I am curious as to what methods have and have not worked for experianced members. As they say, you never know until you go out and try it. That being said, my main prospecting tool has been meeting people in public while they are out and about. I enjoy it, but I am curious for other methods out there. For instance, the internet leads. Any insight and constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated.

When I was new in the business myself and a buddy both put in a Yellow Page ad and then sat by the phone waiting for it to ring off the hook. Our running joke for the longest time was to call each other up and ask how many people called you up today wanting to buy insurance?

I'm a lead junkie now. I like having people to talk to that already have some interest in insurance.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back