2 Triple Bypasses and Diabetes

DC2188

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
An applicant of mine had 2 triple bypasses in the past 7 years and the last one was a year or two ago and he also has diabetes and takes enough meds to fill up 2 pages and he's about 6' 260 lbs I tried getting him 100k fully underwritten through my company MOO and he got declined and I can get him 20k GWL but don't think he wants it. Does anyone know of a company that will insure him for a 100k 10 yr term with full underwriting?

Who told you table 6? Underwriting after you spoke with them, your manager, who?

The reason I ask, if underwriting told you table 6 and then came back with a decline, his medical records don't match what he told you and you told underwriting. So you need to get a clear picture of his health. Also, was the bypass a year ago or two years ago, big difference.

Once you have that and a premium tolerance, I'd talk to someone like Pinney, Ash, or Crump to help you shop it. I'm not sure if Twilight and Tahoe Ray will shop cases too, but if so they would be helpful.

I seriously doubt he'd get an offer on 10 year term, maybe on a UL, but I doubt it on a term at his age and health. Diabetes plus two triple bypasses does not bode well for his long term health. If he is having any complications with his diabetes, and I bet he is, he might even have trouble getting a FE policy.

Some applicants you just say sorry and walk away from.. this is probably one. You'll end up spending a great deal of time beating the bushes for this guy and if you find something.. he will turn his nose up at the cost...

Here's a quick way to find out if he's a viable prospect. Does he currently have insurance? If not, walk. Deciding to buy at 65 when you've had two heart procedures and diabetes isn't a prospect. We can't underwrite them all.

If he already has insurance... convert it.

Who told you table 6? Underwriting after you spoke with them, your manager, who? The reason I ask, if underwriting told you table 6 and then came back with a decline, his medical records don't match what he told you and you told underwriting. So you need to get a clear picture of his health. Also, was the bypass a year ago or two years ago, big difference. Once you have that and a premium tolerance, I'd talk to someone like Pinney, Ash, or Crump to help you shop it. I'm not sure if Twilight and Tahoe Ray will shop cases too, but if so they would be helpful. I seriously doubt he'd get an offer on 10 year term, maybe on a UL, but I doubt it on a term at his age and health. Diabetes plus two triple bypasses does not bode well for his long term health. If he is having any complications with his diabetes, and I bet he is, he might even have trouble getting a FE policy.

My manager rated him a table 6 at the time of application. I have to dig deeper and find out what made their decision. Think I'm going to call brokers clearing house and see what they can come up with.

My manager rated him a table 6 at the time of application. I have to dig deeper and find out what made their decision. Think I'm going to call brokers clearing house and see what they can come up with.

Next time, don't ask your manager, ask underwriting. ;)

He probably was a flat decline and never had a chance.

Now what your manager should be telling you. "Go find better prospects."

This guy is going to be a lot of work to place, if you can even place him. Make sure he is 110% on board and understands the premium will be sky high.

Who told you table 6? Underwriting after you spoke with them, your manager, who?

The reason I ask, if underwriting told you table 6 and then came back with a decline, his medical records don't match what he told you and you told underwriting. So you need to get a clear picture of his health. Also, was the bypass a year ago or two years ago, big difference.

Once you have that and a premium tolerance, I'd talk to someone like Pinney, Ash, or Crump to help you shop it. I'm not sure if Twilight and Tahoe Ray will shop cases too, but if so they would be helpful.

I seriously doubt he'd get an offer on 10 year term, maybe on a UL, but I doubt it on a term at his age and health. Diabetes plus two triple bypasses does not bode well for his long term health. If he is having any complications with his diabetes, and I bet he is, he might even have trouble getting a FE policy.

Very good post. Also on getting a premium commitment.

Back