Appointment Setters

RyanCO

Super Genius
100+ Post Club

I'd like some input on this strategy from those who have tried it:

1. What's your general opinion of using an appointment setter?
2. What & how do you pay?
3. How successful has it been for you?
4. Any differences dialing businesses vs. residences?
5. How difficult has it been finding & keeping good ones?

Thanks!

I'm trying it now. I have an employee from another business I own calling about 5-6 hours per week (that's the plan). We're finishing the first week this evening and so far, no appointments. She has actually spoken to about 55 people. She is calling residential numbers - only sorted by income and age. She is getting a little better on the phone, but still sounds very canned. I've revised the script this evening to make it shorter. I have low expectations right now, expect to see better results in the next couples of weeks as she get more comfortable on the phone. I'll post again at the end of next week.

I'm trying it now. I have an employee from another business I own calling about 5-6 hours per week (that's the plan). We're finishing the first week this evening and so far, no appointments. She has actually spoken to about 55 people. She is calling residential numbers - only sorted by income and age. She is getting a little better on the phone, but still sounds very canned. I've revised the script this evening to make it shorter. I have low expectations right now, expect to see better results in the next couples of weeks as she get more comfortable on the phone. I'll post again at the end of next week.

Have you ever done what your trying to teach to this women?

Yes, I worked for a year doing telemarketing and appointment setting. I was real bad the first couple of weeks and progressively got better. As long as her attitude stays up, I believe she'll be okay. And I make about 1-2 hours of calls a day myself now.

I'd like some input on this strategy from those who have tried it:

1. What's your general opinion of using an appointment setter?
2. What & how do you pay?
3. How successful has it been for you?
4. Any differences dialing businesses vs. residences?
5. How difficult has it been finding & keeping good ones?

Thanks!

You might want to check out sites like Odesk.com, elance.com, etc. for telemarketers with experience who have been rated by other people who have used them.

Another option with those sites, you can place your own hiring ad for free. If you are willing to hire someone out of the country, be sure to specify that you want only people who speak 100% perfect English with American accent and if they are calling from another country that they must have one of the unlimited long distance calling plans to call into the USA like Vonage or something similar.

You might want to check out sites like Odesk.com, elance.com, etc. for telemarketers with experience who have been rated by other people who have used them.

Another option with those sites, you can place your own hiring ad for free. If you are willing to hire someone out of the country, be sure to specify that you want only people who speak 100% perfect English with American accent and if they are calling from another country that they must have one of the unlimited long distance calling plans to call into the USA like Vonage or something similar.

Great stuff, thanks. I'll do that.

Great stuff, thanks. I'll do that.

RyanCO, since call centers are used a lot by US companies in places like the Philippines sometimes you can get a person there who has worked at a call center for an American company where they have trained them to speak like Americans. Since the US dollar has a lot of buying power in the Philippines you can get college graduates for $2 US dollars an hour. You could set up a Paypal account and pay them through Paypal. Paypal will handle the currency conversion for you.

After two weeks, my appointment setter has only had success calling businesses. She was able to set 3 appointments in a little under 3 hours of calling time. While these will be long term projects, I think she did great.

While she is sounding much better on the phone with consumers, not enough people are answering the phone, mostly because she is not able to work past 7pm. She actually had to leave at 6:30pm two of the three evenings she worked this week. I'm changing her hours to only call on businesses for about 12-15 hours a week. I'm looking for someone else to call consumers from 4-9pm Tues-Thurs and then 10-3pm on Saturdays.

We'll see how it goes.

Back