Carriers Who Offer Direct Contracts

FedUpWithIMOs

Expert
Hello all. I'm an independent life agent in Fort Worth, TX. Been in the industry for the past 12 years. Tried a lot during that time. Seen a lot. Basically, my user name sums it up. I'm so stinkin tired of IMOs and all their bull. The solution: Do it all myself. From what I've read lurking around on here, a lot of you feel that is a daunting task. Maybe so, but I'm gonna take a run at it. I have the bulk of it planned out structure, marketing, etc. I've built a couple businesses before, so I have confidence in those aspects. What I need are carriers that will contract directly with an agent. I have a list of carriers to call through. I'll post what I find. I'm sure others have done/attempted this before. Yes, I used the search feature already. Not many applicable results from it. So if someone knows of a carrier that will do this, please post it.

Ohio National contracts direct as does Midland National Life. You won't find a much better carrier than Ohio National.

Curious though, what is it that you are depending on an IMO to do?

I think you just need to find a decent IMO. My guess is you've been taken to the ringer with poor IMOs. Depending on what carriers you're looking for there are some great folks on here to work with too.

Who doesn't love a good analogy:

"Just because you got burned by one girl, doesn't mean you should stop dating."

What is it you're looking for an IMO to do/not do?

I think you just need to find a decent IMO. My guess is you've been taken to the ringer with poor IMOs. Depending on what carriers you're looking for there are some great folks on here to work with too.

Depends what kind of "burn" you are talking about here. You might have to stop dating...:swoon:

Depends what kind of "burn" you are talking about here. You might have to stop dating...:swoon:

LOL! That's great. :twitchy:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ohio National contracts direct as does Midland National Life. You won't find a much better carrier than Ohio National.

I've read that about Ohio National on another thread. They're on my list to call tomorrow.

Curious though, what is it that you are depending on an IMO to do?

That's a good question. I don't have the answer though. At this juncture, I suppose they just have to be there to facillitate carrier appointment. If I can get some direct contracts, I wouldn't have use for an IMO.

This is a bit of a run on but... What would I want in an IMO? A high contract coupled with a leave me alone and let me work as I see fit, in both personal production and building an*agency. The ability to build my own*agency, run my own marketing, set contract levels for those in my*downline, manage my own people my way, and when/if I leave the IMO, the ability to take my downline, our book of business, and residuals/renewals with me.
No*hype. No gimmicks. No motivational crud. No 50 conference calls a week. In fact, no calls at all other than product training from the carriers. Product training calls that actually impart product knowledge, and are not merely hype sessions in disguise. No upline breathing down my neck. I don't want resold leads that are supposedly exclusive to you. The primary focus needs to be on the products and the clients, not recruiting agents to recruit more agents. Of course, there's also honesty, integrity, and ethicalness. Even in the little things. For instance, a personal pet peave of mine, telling prospective clients your setting an appointment so you can "bring them the information" they requested, when you're really coming out there to sell them something. There's a reason the insurance business (even sales in general) has the reputation it does of being a dishonest trade. I have seen so many agents tell the client whatever was needed to get them to sign the paper. I digress...
Anyway, to sum it up, I want to run the whole show so I can make sure it is all done the way I believe it should be. If I'm doing all the work, what prupose would an IMO really serve? Not to just cut out the middle man. Half the people in this 'verse are middle men, and they don't take kindly to being cut out. But, I rather have that extra 10-20% commission come to me.
And please ignore the random astericks in that post. I have no idea why they're there. I'm using my phone, so I'm guessing it's just a formatting translation error.

Last edited:
IMO's can give you a higher contract than what you can get on your own. The ones that will give you the higher contracts are the ones who will leave you alone. It sounds like who have some experience with NAA or similar place.

IMO's can give you a higher contract than what you can get on your own. The ones that will give you the higher contracts are the ones who will leave you alone. It sounds like who have some experience with NAA or similar place.

There are IMOs that will give you a contract higher than 120%? I've never heard of that one. Who are they?

If production justifies it, any IMO should give you 120% or higher. What bad experiences have you had with your previous uplines?

There are IMOs that will give you a contract higher than 120%? I've never heard of that one. Who are they?

It depends on your production and the carrier.

There are plenty of IMOs that can let you do what you have outlined wanting to do, and as Scott pointed at, usually at higher contract levels than direct.

You might want to talk to Todd King or Mark Rosenthal as a start.

Going carrier direct doesn't necessarily solve everything. No one screwed up my commissions more than Aetna and I almost had to take it the legal route to get commissions owed to me by my local Blue Cross.

Last edited:
Back