Recommendations for Life and Health Tele-sales from Home Please

Mrboone2

Expert
I rarely ever post here, but I value the knowledge everyone here has.

So I'm looking to do insurance sales from home (I'm finishing a degree to get out of life and health and into something "fun), but i don't know any companies that offer this besides LifeQuotes and eTelesure.

LifeQuotes seem more legitimate, but doesn't look like they pay much for the amount of work involved (~$18-$20 per hour average). Etelesure offers more money (80% of first year commission, 60% paid upfront as an advance), but the fact I can't find any details about them or their agents - save job postings on TheLadders and every other job board and the specific Etelesure thread here (I haven't posted enough to post URLs) makes me a bit leery.

Does anyone have firsthand experience with either organization - lead quality and delivery, commission payouts, average amount of leads received and sold, and all the stuff we agents need to know?

Does anyone know of other (and reputable) companies doing at-home telesales for carriers in California, Texas, NY, NJ, Florida or Georgia (coincidentally the states I sold IFP and Medicare in when I worked for eHealthInsurance)?

Thanks

I rarely ever post here, but I value the knowledge everyone here has.

So I'm looking to do insurance sales from home (I'm finishing a degree to get out of life and health and into something "fun), but i don't know any companies that offer this besides LifeQuotes and eTelesure.

LifeQuotes seem more legitimate, but doesn't look like they pay much for the amount of work involved (~$18-$20 per hour average). Etelesure offers more money (80% of first year commission, 60% paid upfront as an advance), but the fact I can't find any details about them or their agents - save job postings on TheLadders and every other job board and the specific Etelesure thread here (I haven't posted enough to post URLs) makes me a bit leery.

Does anyone have firsthand experience with either organization - lead quality and delivery, commission payouts, average amount of leads received and sold, and all the stuff we agents need to know?Does anyone know of other (and reputable) companies doing at-home telesales for carriers in California, Texas, NY, NJ, Florida or Georgia (coincidentally the states I sold IFP and Medicare in when I worked for eHealthInsurance)?

Thanks

Quotes - Pinney Insurance

I like that they're from my hometown, but I don't see that they provide leads. (I'm in the mindset that I'd rather close deals than find customers.)

Does anyone know of any that provide the leads and just need people to contact and close - like eHealthInsurance's outbound teams (or like LifeQuote/eTelesure pitch) - reputable places that let people do it from home via telephone?

I like that they're from my hometown, but I don't see that they provide leads. (I'm in the mindset that I'd rather close deals than find customers.)

Does anyone know of any that provide the leads and just need people to contact and close - like eHealthInsurance's outbound teams (or like LifeQuote/eTelesure pitch) - reputable places that let people do it from home via telephone?

I would reach out to them. They may have what you are looking for.

If you don't figure out your own leads you're going to end up spending a fortune in reduced commissions to work with a company that provides them.

If you don't figure out your own leads you're going to end up spending a fortune in reduced commissions to work with a company that provides them.

Right now, that's fine for me - I'm trying to finish a degree so I can teach high school, so the time I'd have to spend prospecting and traveling to appointments I'd rather be using to read Chaucer and Steinbeck.

That's why the well-known three appealed to me - just close the sale. Even with super-old leads a few buyers could be found. The problem for me is: LiveOps and LifeQuotes pay off of "talktime" so I'd have to hit volume and duration to get to their top hourly rates; and ETelesure offers up to 80%, but there's no paper trail for them - disgruntled/satisfied agents, ripoff reports, etc., to say if it is or isn't worth it (then there's the $500 to start).

That's why I'm here - to see if there are any believable success stories with these three companies and/or other companies doing this that have paper trails and success stories.

What part of CA you in now? We (I am with Pinney) hire agents for our call center and provide leads, but rarely do it as a remote workers (W2 employees, benefits, schedules, etc.). It is NOT like being an independent agent---you work for me! Like Josh said..if you want independence and not a job, learn to prospect or buy your own leads. If you want to just work for someone and sell insurance to their leads for a reduced comp rate work in a call center like mine. We service both models...

Nic

This statement, IS the single MOST important for any agents survival. If you plan to make a living either:
1) Figure out your own darn leads, and work ALOT.

2) QUIT bitching!
I'm sorry but those are your ONLY 2 choices.
Done

We have some options for health and life sales 100% over the phone if you are still looking. We have both sponsored and non sponsored options. Send me a message if you would like to discuss either option.

Gabriel

Back