Slow Time of Year?

AlTheGud1sRtakn

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
It's only my second year in the business so I don't have much as far as a frame of reference, but this month has been SLOW. I've been steady with my prospecting and business was increasing then BAM, three big cancellations all at once (putting me squarely in the negative, I owe my agency a good bit of money before I'm getting paid again) and I can't seem to write enough business to dig myself out of the hole. Looking around my co-workers seem to be writing less than usual too.

What are the seasonal highs/lows in this industry? I could really stand for things to turn around and get back to November/December levels again (both of those months were huge for me) but I'm starting to get worried.

This January has been absolutely horrible for me. Last January was rough also just because my grandpa had passed away. But this january it's just slow. I increased my leads yet sales have gone down. Some that I sold ended up backing out. Luckily tho I haven't received any new chargebacks, although I do have some from late year and early this month, so I'm in the same boat as you. Need couple sales to get out of the negative and then be able to pay bills, etc.
Welcome to the roller coaster of this business. This month was rough,which means next month will be amazing :)

Amber

I should have waited a few more days before posting, I just wrote 5 life apps this week!

This will dig me out but unfortunately the 3 chargebacks were big so I still won't be getting a nice payday. Hopefully I get back to the 6-9 apps per week I was writing in November/December soon!

And luckily I came from Real Estate so I'm used to roller coasters.

I should have waited a few more days before posting, I just wrote 5 life apps this week!

This will dig me out but unfortunately the 3 chargebacks were big so I still won't be getting a nice payday. Hopefully I get back to the 6-9 apps per week I was writing in November/December soon!

And luckily I came from Real Estate so I'm used to roller coasters.

The most common reason I have seen successful salespeople fail is the inability to save. When you get a big check, put some of it back for a rainy day, above and beyond what you save for retirement or large purchases. Having money in the bank will help you ride out the ups and downs.

It's only my second year in the business so I don't have much as far as a frame of reference, but this month has been SLOW. I've been steady with my prospecting and business was increasing then BAM, three big cancellations all at once (putting me squarely in the negative, I owe my agency a good bit of money before I'm getting paid again) and I can't seem to write enough business to dig myself out of the hole. Looking around my co-workers seem to be writing less than usual too. What are the seasonal highs/lows in this industry? I could really stand for things to turn around and get back to November/December levels again (both of those months were huge for me) but I'm starting to get worried.
January is documented as the slowest month every year for insurance agents.

One would think this would be the busiest month of the year considering how many people in December say to "see me in January."

Ones perception is reality.

A month is what you want/make it. Life insurance sales is a function of prospecting....the only thing seasonal about it is an agents own willingness to get to work/motivated at certain times of the year.

Back