Trump

Considering that it's from Mitt Romney - a venture capitalist who would HAVE to know the basics of taxes, book keeping, and other facets of running a large corporation... I'm thinking someone is tugging at his strings.

Or he's lost the instinct to think critically. I guess just looking at Trump might do that to some people.

I have plenty of self employed clients who file an extension on a regular basis. Don't know why anyone would think that's something terrible. But we are talking about a very uninformed electorate.

You remember just a few weeks ago the Clinton Foundation was scrambling around bigtime filing amendments to their tax returns because the auditors and federales were on their case. I wonder who runs that place.

----------

Considering that it's from Mitt Romney - a venture capitalist who would HAVE to know the basics of taxes, book keeping, and other facets of running a large corporation... I'm thinking someone is tugging at his strings.

Or he's lost the instinct to think critically. I guess just looking at Trump might do that to some people.

Interesting to see that loser romney who would not take the fight to Obama is now channeling Harry Reid with the tax issue/smear.

Reid ignited a firestorm in the 2012 presidential race by claiming on the Senate floor, without presenting any evidence, that "the word's out that Romney hasn't paid any taxes in 10 years." His attack was part of a fierce effort by the Obama re-election campaign to portray Romney as an out of touch and heartless businessman unable to understand the economic problems afflicting the middle class.

Donald Trump rejects Mitt Romney's ironic tax attack - CNNPolitics.com

When do candidates pick their Vice President running mate? Does the nominee ever pick one of the other candidates who ran against him/her?

Who would be a good Vice President to an egotistical bossy President, but can also hold their own in the V.P. debates?

I think they pick their VP once they are declared the nominee, but before the convention.

The VP debates are a laughing matter. I wouldn't worry too much about them. :)

joe-biden-laughing-vp-debate.jpg

Does the nominee ever pick one of the other candidates who ran against him/her?

/QUOTE]

Of course, and you may recall that Biden ran against Obama in the 2008 primary. Obama won and joe got less than half a per cent but neverthess he was also a candidate. And in 2004 kerry chose edwards who had run against him in the primary. Lots of others.

I think they pick their VP once they are declared the nominee, but before the convention.

The VP debates are a laughing matter. I wouldn't worry too much about them. :)

Hey..that's right. They are! I remember this one VP candidate starting the debate by saying, "Why am I here!?". I hope Trump doesn't pick a guy like that.

----------

Does the nominee ever pick one of the other candidates who ran against him/her?

/QUOTE]

Of course, and you may recall that Biden ran against Obama in the 2008 primary. Obama won and joe got less than half a per cent but neverthess he was also a candidate. And in 2004 kerry chose edwards who had run against him in the primary. Lots of others.

OK, so there is a precedent. Thanks for those examples, Winter.

Hey..that's right. They are! I remember this one VP candidate starting the debate by saying, "Why am I here!?". I hope Trump doesn't pick a guy like that.

----------

Trump just stated yesterday that he would pick "an insider with washington political experience".

I actually think that is a smart move. He needs someone who can grease the wheels of congress. That is what the VP is for anyway.

Interesting to see that loser romney who would not take the fight to Obama is now channeling Harry Reid with the tax issue/smear.

Reid ignited a firestorm in the 2012 presidential race by claiming on the Senate floor, without presenting any evidence, that "the word's out that Romney hasn't paid any taxes in 10 years." His attack was part of a fierce effort by the Obama re-election campaign to portray Romney as an out of touch and heartless businessman unable to understand the economic problems afflicting the middle class.

Donald Trump rejects Mitt Romney's ironic tax attack - CNNPolitics.com

Greta strikes back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNSdX6Xmulg

----------

I actually think that is a smart move. He needs someone who can grease the wheels of congress. That is what the VP is for anyway.

The VP is the President of the Senate. Makes sense that it isn't Ted Cruz, perhaps Marco Rubio ot Kasich. But right now both of those are on track to lose to Trump in their own states. If either beat Trump in those states, they might be worth a hard look.

The VP is the President of the Senate. Makes sense that it isn't Ted Cruz, perhaps Marco Rubio ot Kasich. But right now both of those are on track to lose to Trump in their own states. If either beat Trump in those states, they might be worth a hard look.

Yeh. Rubio is golden boy for a couple hours today anyway. Except the voters are looking for an alpha male who is crazy enough to strap on the dynamite and go to washington. Rubio is a cutesy, quick-witted, smart-ass but not really one who can deliver or take a pounding and if he loses his own state there is no way to spin that.

In regard to the vp thing, standards are pretty low. Joe ran for president two or three times and never, ever got more than 1% of the vote in any primary, anywhere- I don't think. But the dems think he is the vp of the century and some even wish he ran for president. Kasich is crotchety as hell but his favorability rating is pretty high and he knows both washington and the governorship role. It's all a crap shoot this year. And that is fine. I just want someone to pound hillary day in and day out even if she wins. Not looking for a McCain/Romney afraid to do the deed because they wont appear to be Mr. Bipartisan. Sick of that shiite.

Last edited:
In regard to the vp thing, standards are pretty low.

I don't think anyone thinks that will apply if Donald gets the nomination. He'll be looking for the best.

In fact if he locks up the nomination early, I could see a TV show where he invites a number of candidates to tryout for the job, and where he gives them some jobs to do and systematically fires the worst ones as they fail to do a good job. People might watch that.

On another note:

Al Sharpton might 'get out of here' if Trump wins | Washington Examiner

Apparently Sharpton thinks he is giving people a reason to not vote for Trump.

Back