AHIP - Nightmare

insurance0707

Guru
1000 Post Club
Michigan
Just wanted to give you a heads up about AHIP, I signed on to do AHIP today, when you sign on it states average time for AHIP is 60 minutes. I was apprehensive about doing AHIP and the time involved I thought, 60 minutes, that's not too bad. I was on Module 1 when a colleague called. I told him I was doing AHIP and the good news is it should only take 60 minutes. He laughed and laughed. He said if you can do AHIP in 60 minutes you're a better person than me. DO NOT BELIEVE AHIP, IT TAKES ABOUT 5 HOURS to complete. I think they list 60 minutes to complete is because most agents might say "Hell No" to 5 hours and you have to pay for this privilege of taking AHIP.

Just know that you are going to spend half of your day taking this. Do not believe the 60 minute thing they are telling you.

At the end it is only a 50 question test.

As you all know you have to take the certifications with each insurance company on top of that for MAPD or PDP plans.

Just wanted to give you fair warning about AHIP

Just wanted to give you a heads up about AHIP, I signed on to do AHIP today, when you sign on it states average time for AHIP is 60 minutes. I was apprehensive about doing AHIP and the time involved I thought, 60 minutes, that's not too bad. I was on Module 1 when a colleague called. I told him I was doing AHIP and the good news is it should only take 60 minutes. He laughed and laughed. He said if you can do AHIP in 60 minutes you're a better person than me. DO NOT BELIEVE AHIP, IT TAKES ABOUT 5 HOURS to complete. I think they list 60 minutes to complete is because most agents might say "Hell No" to 5 hours and you have to pay for this privilege of taking AHIP.

Just know that you are going to spend half of your day taking this. Do not believe the 60 minute thing they are telling you.

As you all know you have to take the certifications with each insurance company on top of that for MAPD or PDP plans.

AHIP didn't take me anywhere near 5 hours. I don't remember exactly how long, but I know it was less than two hours.

Is this your first time taking AHIP? That might explain why it took so long.

Next year just keep clicking next as fast as possible.

I did AHIP while watching TV and taking breaks. I can't imagine it took 5 hours.

Of course, maybe if you read everything it takes longer.

Rick

Once you know it
it becomes redundant

you can do these tests recerts all of them while watching tv
sending emails and what not

Actually sometimes with the insurance carrier
I spend more time dealing with glitches and log in problems and what not
rather then actual tests

Back