Arcadian Health Plans - Good, Bad, Ugly?

Josh

Guru
5000 Post Club
Does anyone have any recent experience working with Arcadian? They also go by (fill in the blank) Community Care.
-How are the leads they give out?
-Training from the local market?
-How helpful is the customer service?
-Do they pay commissions accurate and on-time?
-Do they give much marketing support to their agents?

I've been writing Arcadian since November in a little corner of California. Thus far I've written 115 cases (net after disenrollments), most are dual eligible and at full commission ($500 in CA). I also have an MGA contract and have a number of agents working under me very successfully.

Leads - There really have been only a few generated but they had independent agents doing their meetings. I did 4 or 5 meetings and probably enrolled 10-12 people.

Training - The local reps are very good at getting together with agents and they do know the market.

Customer Service - If you mean the member service, they are by far the best company I've worked with. This goes for agent service as well.

Commissions - Pay like clockwork. The few times they "missed," I made a phone call it got fixed.

Marketing Support - Yes and no. They don't do a lot of local area marketing but will provide advice and help. I have a meeting scheduled at a subsidized senor apartment building in 2 weeks and there will be 2 Arcadian representatives joining me.

All in all they are the best MA company I work with. I feel that I am friends with their provider relations rep., RSM, and several of their upper level people. My relationship is absolutely a partnership. I've been good to them and they have been good to me.

I'm constantly looking for agents that wish to work with them. I have a direct mail piece for duals that is consistently returning 3-5%. I wish I had more agents in various areas that would like to work this market. It's almost a guarantee of success.

You wanted the "ugly." While it isn't much of an issue, prospects generally haven't heard of them.

Rick

Last edited:
What STATES are you in need of agents?

I've been writing Arcadian since November in a little corner of California. Thus far I've written 115 cases (net after disenrollments), most are dual eligible and at full commission ($500 in CA). I also have an MGA contract and have a number of agents working under me very successfully.

Leads - There really have been only a few generated but they had independent agents doing their meetings. I did 4 or 5 meetings and probably enrolled 10-12 people.

Training - The local reps are very good at getting together with agents and they do know the market.

Customer Service - If you mean the member service, they are by far the best company I've worked with. This goes for agent service as well.

Commissions - Pay like clockwork. The few times they "missed," I made a phone call it got fixed.

Marketing Support - Yes and no. They don't do a lot of local area marketing but will provide advice and help. I have a meeting scheduled at a subsidized senor apartment building in 2 weeks and there will be 2 Arcadian representatives joining me.

All in all they are the best MA company I work with. I feel that I am friends with their provider relations rep., RSM, and several of their upper level people. My relationship is absolutely a partnership. I've been good to them and they have been good to me.

I'm constantly looking for agents that wish to work with them. I have a direct mail piece for duals that is consistently returning 3-5%. I wish I had more agents in various areas that would like to work this market. It's almost a guarantee of success.

You wanted the "ugly." While it isn't much of an issue, prospects generally haven't heard of them.

Rick

What STATES are you in need of agents?

There are opportunities whereever Arcadian writes. You can take a peek here:

Arcadian Health Plans

However, I have a really pressing need in the El Paso and especially the Beaumont area.

When an agent might be interested in a particular county, I contact the company for more information as to competition and physician network. Sometimes it's a match, sometimes it's not.

Rick

Rick's response is spot on. We've worked with them for the last two MA seasons and they've done a great job. We've had very few commission issues and or member complaints. Their local market staff is very willing to help with training and leads.

They are also going to re-brand all the "Community Care" plans to Arcadian Health Plans at some point.

Back