Best Way to Market Medicare Supplements? I need help!

PrinceINC

Hello everyone. I'm an independent agent in NC. Im 27 yrs old and have been doing this for 2 yrs. Im struggling with a lead program. Iv tried a few methods that dont seem to be that productive.

1st method was a mailer that they sent back and I just showed up using the "card" "Lead" to get in the door. I had much success getting in the door and presenting my presentation. Was not that productive though because people were not home most of the time and usually took many visits to get in the door. With gas being almost $4 id like to try another method.l

2nd method was a Unicare Telemarketing agent would book my appointments. That worked out really well had my best week of $3,000 + . Soon unicare called and said they were having trouble booking appointments and stopped :(

Now im trying to market to people just coming on to Medicare. Im sending pre-approach letters and following up with phone calls to those i can not on the do not call list. So far this has not been productive at all. No one is responding to my letters.When I call most just want to hang up.

3rd is an Internet lead company. They send me name and info of people who inquired about Medicare Insurance. Most are willing to talk but I have yet been able to book an appointment. They seem to be sending these names to MANY MANY people and the prospects are overwhelmed.

I have a great teacher in my Dad who has been a salesman all his life and in Medicare insurance for 20+ yrs. He was a top producer for BCBS in NC &SC for almost a decade. He has since moved on to Stock Market investments (day trader) and has not been active in the Insurance Market for 5 yr or so.Ever since BCBS changed their contracts.His method was he sent mailers out and people called him. He didnt have to call them they called him. So hes not as much help in marketing insurance now since hes been out of the loop.

I represent the best companies in the state and have the best prices in the state. Most of my success has been with Medicare Advantage more than supplement. People I run across just cant afford the premiums and I have the best in the state. Well Medicare Advantage period is over so I need to start selling Supplements again I just having a hard time with leads and marketing.

I was hoping to get some insight from agents who have been more active in the market and see what they are having the most success with. I enjoy what I do but Im starting to really feel the pressure during non medicare advantage times. I have a family to support and im running out of time. Please help.

Re: Best Way to Market Medicare Supplements??I need help!

hey
telemarketing still is the best source of getting thru the door.
i ve been working with several agents and tell you what its value for your money.
lets work it out.

call me to discuss further

aslam
+1 7073472600

hey
telemarketing still is the best source of getting thru the door.
i ve been working with several agents and tell you what its value for your money.
lets work it out.

call me to discuss further

aslam
+1 7073472600
Telemarketing may be the best source, but I suggest you do it yourself.

The response from Aslam is the same as his other posts - he is simply spamming the forum with requests for business. When I see 3-5 posts from agents he was worked with posting what a great job he's done, then I might believe him.

Also, I've tried an overseas's telemarketer in the past with horrible results. You are better off hiring someone on Craig's list at $8-10 an hour that YOU can control.

Just my opinion after 32 years in the business.

Rick

I agree with Rick 100%. DONT OUTSOURCE TELEMARKETING. Its cheaper if you do it yourself, even if you paid someone its still cheaper.

Try targeting people with Medicaid or people with a Low Income Subsidy, they have enrollment seasons all year round. Look at picking up some Special Need Plans to sell to them.

Also People with a chronic condition may enroll is SNP plans too.

Unlike many, I enjoy the "off Season". Dont get me wrong, alot of my income comes from Nov-March... but selling to the SNP prospects is really enjoyable... its more laid back and less rush rush.

Best of luck my friend.

Rick, your presumptions are as good as mr. george bush.
Keep your eyes open for the next few days.

aslam

Rick, your presumptions are as good as mr. george bush.
Keep your eyes open for the next few days.

aslam
If you can prove what you can do, I will be the 1st to apologize. But all you've done thus far is say how wonderful you are. You need to prove it.

Rick

Maybe you should go back to your MA clients and try to help them out with FE insurance.

And as far as selling Medsups... I would take a 2nd look at your phone script

What part of NC are you in? I am in the mountains.

Just get your non-responders list out; call them up and say "I have those changes in medicare and I'll be there tomorrow. Will 9am work for you?" You can book 15 appts a week doing that; its costs little to nothing and you'll sell 3-5 a week.

Back