New Substandard Med Supp

sman

Guru
5000 Post Club
Anybody else get the email about the new substandard Med Supp? Was told it's going be with ARLIC. They said they will approve people with conditions such as AFIB, diabetes with neuropathy, dementia, etc. Looked as if they were going to be competing rate wise with UHC's level 2 rates (he told me one sample rate in Texas and didn't really have anything other than that). No height and weight chart and will still offer the household discount.

I was told that 44% of ARLIC's past declines would have been approved on this new plan. Commissions will be lower. He said "around" 10%. I'm assuming that's street. Said full commission would be paid up to age 84. Will be released starting in June/July and rolled out over 8 months in the states they are already in.

Should be interesting to see how they compare with UHC's level 2 rates. And even more interesting to see what happens with rate increases. Smells a little like the famous MoO Plan N fiasco. Not quite as bad since they evidently will still decline some, but I'd still be very concerned.

Anybody else get the email about the new substandard Med Supp? Was told it's going be with ARLIC. They said they will approve people with conditions such as AFIB, diabetes with neuropathy, dementia, etc. Looked as if they were going to be competing rate wise with UHC's level 2 rates (he told me one sample rate in Texas and didn't really have anything other than that). No height and weight chart and will still offer the household discount.

I was told that 44% of ARLIC's past declines would have been approved on this new plan. Commissions will be lower. He said "around" 10%. I'm assuming that's street. Said full commission would be paid up to age 84. Will be released starting in June/July and rolled out over 8 months in the states they are already in.

Should be interesting to see how they compare with UHC's level 2 rates. And even more interesting to see what happens with rate increases. Smells a little like the famous MoO Plan N fiasco. Not quite as bad since they evidently will still decline some, but I'd still be very concerned.

If it's only paying 10% commissions, they serve no purpose for me. I get that with BCBS, and they're GI.

I too would worry about those future premium increase.

If it's only paying 10% commissions, they serve no purpose for me. I get that with BCBS, and they're GI. I too would worry about those future premium increase.

Not all of us have a GI Med Supp. If the rates are similar to UHC's level 2 rates then 10% would be more than what UHC pays.

Not all of us have a GI Med Supp. If the rates are similar to UHC's level 2 rates then 10% would be more than what UHC pays.

I know, if I didn't have one I'd use them as a last resort, just like with the GI. Like you said about the premium increases though, I'd be holding my breath.

Anything has to be better than UHC. Dealing with them is a nightmare.

I got the email today from an FMO. Called. The guy who answered my call had no details. Said he would call me back. Didn't. Got a friend who works at Cigna. Called him. He also had no details. Should be interesting once someone who knows something spills the beans in more detail.

I sure was glad I never sold MOFO! That's hell when you can replace a Plan N with a Plan F and still save them money.
I sold a guy MOFO plan N when it came out for under $100, now it's $270. Has had a lot of cancer treatments and now in remission. I told him he could get a UHC level 2 N for $202, but he doesn't want it, he's pretty satisfied w how the N has worked for him. Still that's crazy how much that MOFO N has gone up

I did get the e-mail today. They're even taking COPD with Oxygen. Available June 1st.

• Lower rates than current leading substandard carriers.
•Express App available
•Better commissions than leading substandard carriers

Back