Are these the "end Days" for Medicare Advantage?

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
Judging by the sneak peaks, I feel like I'm going to have to sit down with 2/3 of my clients at least!! I'm wondering if it's worth it to commit more time and energy to growing the MA business. There's always "cross-selling"- I suppose.

Only you can answer that question for yourself. Figure the amount of money you can make in period of time + svc thru out the year vs going out to replace that business.

Some of us are tired already of this continual rolling, certs and tests, but we understand this is a $$ block for 2 months, in addition to whatever else you wish to do remainder of year.

Judging by the sneak peaks, I feel like I'm going to have to sit down with 2/3 of my clients at least!! I'm wondering if it's worth it to commit more time and energy to growing the MA business. There's always "cross-selling"- I suppose.

MA now has roughly 30% penetration up from the 5% when part D/C was rolled out in 2006.The first wave of the "Grey Tsunami" of baby boomer turning 65 only started a few years ago and to most of these folks the word " co pay " isn't considered a dirty word like it is to the WW II generation ma and pa kettles who are so fixated on their fixed budget that they perceive a med supp to be some type of genius budgeting tool.This recent wave of T65 boomers are more and more often coming off EGHP that have high premiums, high deductibles AND high co payments so many view the MA plans as a sweet deal.

Most people are very happy with their MA plans and you would be an unemployed politician very fast if you were the one who voted to take this option away from them and made it so that they would have to start paying 200.00 a month or more if they want some financial protection and rx coverage to go along with their part A and B .

Most people are very happy with their MA plans and you would be an unemployed politician very fast if you were the one who voted to take this option away from them and made it so that they would have to start paying 200.00 a month or more if they want some financial protection and rx coverage to go along with their part A and B .

Sort of. Congress has been cutting funding and making it harder to market these products. I doubt they'll ever be killed altogether, but the trend for the last several years has been the market getting squeezed. In the more urban areas with higher funding and more competitive plans, those will probably last a good long while, but in many parts of the country the selections are already garbage.

MA now has roughly 30% penetration up from the 5% when part D/C was rolled out in 2006.The first wave of the "Grey Tsunami" of baby boomer turning 65 only started a few years ago and to most of these folks the word " co pay " isn't considered a dirty word like it is to the WW II generation ma and pa kettles who are so fixated on their fixed budget that they perceive a med supp to be some type of genius budgeting tool.This recent wave of T65 boomers are more and more often coming off EGHP that have high premiums, high deductibles AND high co payments so many view the MA plans as a sweet deal. Most people are very happy with their MA plans and you would be an unemployed politician very fast if you were the one who voted to take this option away from them and made it so that they would have to start paying 200.00 a month or more if they want some financial protection and rx coverage to go along with their part A and B .

Those huge baby boomer numbers haven't done much so far to hold back those cuts to the MA Programs.

Those huge baby boomer numbers haven't done much so far to hold back those cuts to the MA Programs.

Yes because of the changing demographics MA plans will have to adapt as will those who choose to stay on the original Medicare.They will probably see higher part B premiums ,cuts in benefits ,higher deductibles, fewer providers due to lower reimbursements etc. and this will certainly lead to higher Medigap premiums to take up the slack.

Back