Trouble Getting Cov/Aetna Supplies

I finally got a 'Ready to Sell' letter on Friday afternoon (although it doesn't list MAPD and I have been on hold for 45 minutes this morning following up) but I was able to get logged into the supplies site and order kits this morning for MAPD.

My upline just told me that his Aetna contact says that there are 38,000 agents who have some kind of problem with their appointment and they have to fix these manually. What a mess they created...

Last edited:
I saw that too about the E & O. Probably double our current premiums. They will shoot themselves in the foot and lose a lot of good agents if they keep doing this crap.
They would likely only lose agents who don't produce much for them anyway. If they've got the hot product in a market and an agent is enrolling a lot of people each plan year, a tax-deductible extra expense of $400 or so a year isn't likely to be a deterrent. It wouldn't be to me, anyway.

What will be costly to them is if they don't get this recontracting mess--apparently related to the Coventry acquistion--straightened out fast. Nothing worse than having most of their agents stuck in the contracting process and not "ready to sell" in two weeks when AEP starts.

Hunting season starts tomorrow...

they losing Agent goodwill for sure

cert completed Saturday and called yesterday to order supplies since grayed out on-line

After holding a while someone finally came on and wouldn't help me and said they would call me back------WTF to that?????? Well, the whole day went by and no call back after 8 hours. So called again and finally gave up after being on hold for 30 minutes. Tried again today and again gave up after 30 minutes on hold.

So they stonewalling over there and don't have the courtesy to post an announcement instead of wasting our time holding forever to never be answered.

If they not answering phone now imagine how bad it will be after tomorrow. Why would an agent want their headaches-------last year was bad too. Carriers that don't value agents time and rarely have their act together need to be punished with their business moved to carriers that do.

If you actually read the emails they say supplies are coming soon. Sit back and wait for it to come out. No reason to call.
I've only received stuff from Humana so this doesn't seem out of the norm.

I got it worse than you guys.

I received an email in mid-September from an IMO, that, if I contract through them with Aetna, they (Aetna) will reimburse 100% of AHIP. No production requirements, just get appointed to sell with Aetna. So, I went through NOMOREFORMS, got the link from the IMO, went through all the training, AHIP & FWA, as well as Aetna's.

Got the same email as you; however, I got a new person who told me she had been getting a slew of calls from agents who completed their training, but got an email, they were not ready to sell. She verified I was good to go (one day later, I got the email saying so).

Called the Aetna rep here in Atlanta, as well as the IMO, regarding the reimbursement. No return calls.

Anyone else been suckered into this?

:1mad:

I got it worse than you guys. I received an email in mid-September from an IMO, that, if I contract through them with Aetna, they (Aetna) will reimburse 100% of AHIP. No production requirements, just get appointed to sell with Aetna. So, I went through NOMOREFORMS, got the link from the IMO, went through all the training, AHIP & FWA, as well as Aetna's. Got the same email as you; however, I got a new person who told me she had been getting a slew of calls from agents who completed their training, but got an email, they were not ready to sell. She verified I was good to go (one day later, I got the email saying so). Called the Aetna rep here in Atlanta, as well as the IMO, regarding the reimbursement. No return calls. Anyone else been suckered into this? :1mad:

You received a ready to sell email after 1 day? I completed everything in early August and still haven't received a ready to sell email. Can't get the rep to return a call or respond to emails.

Hope it gets solved for you guys. I finally was able to order kits today online.
But I pestered everybody and wrote emails besides phone calls to BSD and the various mgrs. For a week or two.

Anyway, UHC kits are slowly trickling in. They got another brochure for us to read online.
Waiting on P/W and Messer Financial to get me RTS...they do show all modules completed.

I an really hating this business.....the money is beginning to dim.

Hope it gets solved for you guys. I finally was able to order kits today online. But I pestered everybody and wrote emails besides phone calls to BSD and the various mgrs. For a week or two. Anyway, UHC kits are slowly trickling in. They got another brochure for us to read online. Waiting on P/W and Messer Financial to get me RTS...they do show all modules completed. I an really hating this business.....the money is beginning to dim.

My area rep finally responded to an email and said my upline needed to get contracted and certified. I find it hard to believe my upline hasn't contracted or certified. Guess I'll find out in the morning.

Last edited:
It took 9 weeks, Aetna's "Ready to Sell" email arrived today. Was able to order MAPD & PDP. UHC and Anthem have been delivered. 10 packets came from Humana today. Each had 1 application, 1 star rating, one sales kit shell for various counties and states etc. no formulary or summary of benefits.

Hoping everyone receives their supplies in time for Oct 1st. Oh wait......that's in a few hours.

Back