United American

I was just reading the Med Supp conference agenda for next week and it appears these guys are rounding out Wednesday's presentations:

Sales High Deductible Plan F; Market Trends & Sales Opportunities
Marketing Sales of High Deductible Plan F account for 60 percent of some company's sales. Hear forecasts
for HD Plan F and understand what's taking place in the market today … and forecasts for the future.
Charles Mankamyer, Senior Vice President, General Agents, United American Insurance Company
Ryan Sykes, National Director of Sales & Recruiting, United American Insurance Company

I immediately thought of this thread. Who in their right mind would want to be a part of selling HDF and a $0 commission annuity? Am I missing something or should I just leave early and hit the pool as I planned?

There are zip codes in Florida where a regular plan F cost over $3,100 per year and a Plan F High Deductible cost $900. So you have a difference of cost of $2,200 and a difference in benefit of $2,180. There are a lot of places in Florida with similar ratios. It makes no sense to pay $2,200 per year to insure against a possible expense of $2,180. Those areas are where UA has their highest Plan F-HD sales.

The commission difference, in that case, is $162 for the Plan F-HD vs. $210 for the Plan F (UHC usually has the lowest priced Plan F and they have a fixed commission rate in FL.

I do an OK amount of those F-HD policies in those areas. I could not imagine doing them in other states where the Plan F-HD might be $350 /year.

Exactly you like Plan N. I like the Plan N commission too.

Forget about the commision, If that was what it was all about I would lean MA, FL don't pay as much for supp especially AARP is the supp that would be sold.

The thing is Most seniors are on a fixed income and it is not easy for them to lay out a deductible if they go in the hospital, They find more piece of mind know they will not have to come up with a $1200 check they just pay the premium and they budget.

Look for some that have money in the bank then yea it might make more sense, Maybe but not enough to switch gears, Besides, Who wants to get the call hey this Ins doesn't pay anything. I sell plan N in Fl and everyone is happy.

Also keep in mind in FL many of the seniors, at least the ones I have on the books go to the doc get tests occasional hosp stay. seems like my fl clients use the services the most elsewhere

----------

All this is besides all that I heard about UA, In addition to the crazy sales tactics they have used on me trying to get me to get appointed. More the multiple times

I don't trust the company and if I were to sell I HDF it would not be with them, and if the HDF goes up in premium and they cant move vrs if N goes up in premium at least they have good cov

I do not know why people even mention the annuity when discussing selling UA HDF. It is not necessary or even required.

If a client ended up owing $1200 to the hospital, I am sure they can pay $50 per month until the bill is paid. So add the the $50 to the $30 premium & you can end up paying $80/month. Throw in another hospitalization and now you are up to $130/month. IF u get hospital bills. If not, you save lots of $$$ & get the protection Insurance provides.

Back