United Healthcare New Contract Provisions

policy doctor

Guru
1000 Post Club
I see that GI business will be paid at 50% commission starting April 2014 (growing trend with carriers here)

15 day notice for compensation changes (kinda short notice, don't you think?)

new language clarifying you must be licensed, certified and appointed including agency. (how will this affect C-corp, LLC,etc?) No pass-thru for heirs evidently.

Has anyone read this portion of new contract yet? T65's are guaranteed issue, does the 50% commission rate apply to this segment of population?

Med Sup Guaranteed Issue (GI) Commission Rates - See Exhibit A., Section III., paragraph (m)

New Medicare Supplement commission rates for GI at 50% of usual rates.
This amendment is effective for apps written on or after April 1, 2014 for effective dates on or after July 1, 2014

Has anyone read this portion of new contract yet? T65's are guaranteed issue, does the 50% commission rate apply to this segment of population?

Med Sup Guaranteed Issue (GI) Commission Rates - See Exhibit A., Section III., paragraph (m)

New Medicare Supplement commission rates for GI at 50% of usual rates.
This amendment is effective for apps written on or after April 1, 2014 for effective dates on or after July 1, 2014

Aren't T65 Open Enrollment? Or are they defining them as GI?

Aren't T65 Open Enrollment? Or are they defining them as GI?

Last training event I was at for aarp, (about a month ago), they were very clear that t65 were not considered GI, and you would be paid in full. GI should only affect at most about 5% of your business.
Although, this was before the release of the new contract...

There is a difference between GI and open enrollment. New to Medicare is open enrollment as is the birthday rule (2 states) and anniversary rule in MO (I think).

Open enrollment is at full commission. But I used to love to use UHC for GI as they were at full commission. Life changes. We'll adapt.

Rick

There commissions suck so bad already. Why would you ever write a UHC med sup unless for underwriting considerations?

Back