Who Would Be Agent of Record In This Scenario ?

yogooglethis

Guru
1000 Post Club
This happens to be a UHC MA question but not sure if it makes any difference between the carriers.

Agent A who happens to be a telesales agent submits an AEP application on 11/1/12 that has already been approved by the time that agent B comes along and submits an application for same plan for 12/1/12 using LIS election code .Would agent B be AOR and get paid?

This happens to be a UHC MA question but not sure if it makes any difference between the carriers.

Agent A who happens to be a telesales agent submits an AEP application on 11/1/12 that has already been approved by the time that agent B comes along and submits an application for same plan for 12/1/12 using LIS election code .Would agent B be AOR and get paid?
Agent a gets the customer.
Agent b sent in a duplicate app. been there done that, not on purpose, customer did not know which plan, did not get commission.

We're talking about "dog eat dog" UHC, so I'll go with Agent B since he's the one that brought the prospect to the CMS payroll sooner to squeeze that extra month of income for greedy UHC.
It happens very frequently here in SA where we have a chronic plan which is identical to the regular plan (Med complete). Even though there is no apparent benefit, some agents will switch a discovered diabetic to chronic plan from regular plan to generate a commission. The original Agent is left out in the cold, unless there is an SEP to switch the prospect back to regular plan. Granted we're talking about the same contract/benefit # in this case, I still think that Agent B would get the bacon due to an earlier eff date. If it were the same eff date, it would be a dupe app (Agent A).

Last edited:
I'll go with neither, it becomes a house account, with both agents being told the other agent has the account.

Heck, why pay when you have a good excuse not to????

That said, I don't really know. This is part of the reason I decided not to get involved in MA's and supps.

Dan

There is no need for clarification.
The customer that came in 2nd and wrote the same plan does not get to be the aor.
End of discussion, this is the correct answer.

You'll let us know the answer?? Right?

take a moment to think about this, if you could just replace plans with the same plan you would be putting to much effort into saving your own book instead of writing new business.
Common sense people.

Back