Unread Threads Not Bold & Read Threads Bold

scagnt83

Worldwide Expert of Everything
5000 Post Club
I have noticed for a while now that the bold feature for unread threads is not working correctly.

This is not consistent, but often a thread that I just read, when I go back to the main page, still has bold font. I can rad it 5 times and it will still be bold. But threads that I have never read will not be bold.

This is only on the main page and not when I enter the individual sections/topics.

Its not a huge deal, its just annoying... I will post on a thread, then when I come back it is bold so I think someone has responded. So I click it just to find out there are no updates to it.

But then threads that do have updates will not be in bold. The only section this is consistent in for me is the Retirement Planning section. But it happens randomly for all of them. And has been happening more frequently, especially the past week.

Tyler,
If it continues to happen, shoot off an email to Val.

Thanks Arthur, I will do that. It has been happening for probably about 5 or 6 months now. But it has become a lot worse over the past 2 months.

Like right now, I just read 2 posts in the annuity section, went back to the main page, and both still show as bold. But when I click on the annuity section they do not show as bold. It is pretty much constant in the retirement section.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your feedback guys.

Tyler, is this on all forums or only in specific ones which you mention?

What browser are you using, do you have Adblock enabled for this site?

Can you please try to log out, clear cache/cookies and try again. You could also try to open forum on Private/Incognito mode (with disabled browser extensions ) and let me know if you have same experience again.

Thanks,
Val.

Val. It is totally random except for the Retirement section.

I logged out and back in and now everything is bold, even after I have read that thread.

The little yellow box to the left of the threads is working randomly but not correctly for all.

I am using Chrome. No ad blocking. I tried Mozilla and same thing.

If you think it is limited to just my username you are welcome to log in as me if you want.

Tyler, I checked into this further and unfortunately I do not see anything as to why this may happen only to your account.
The thread titles un-bolded when I opened, the last post status was also preserved as well as the thread marker for where I participated.

Could you check on a different computer? Any screenshot would be helpful.
Thanks

Back