130%

Maybe they're desperate for agents? I believe the pool of licensed agents shrinks every year.
Maybe these carriers are the next ones to exit the industry sometime in the next few years?
Seems you’re right, when I got in the biz there were agents around every corner and now they are few and far between, even fewer that actually work FT.

I admire Rouse for taking care of his granddaughter and for continuing to work, if not completely by choice. I would like the ability to have choices when the time comes. The money to stop because I can, and the health and abilities to continue because I want to.
What Louis is doing is even more admirable when you consider his health history. :yes:

My hat's off to you Louis!!!:noteworthy:

Seems you’re right, when I got in the biz there were agents around every corner and now they are few and far between, even fewer that actually work FT.

Wow that’s kind of a surprise, at least to me. Insurance is not a career with many barriers to entry - you just need a clean criminal record, a couple bucks for an exam class, and the licensing fee. I could understand high turnover but hadn’t heard that the number is declining overall.

Wow that’s kind of a surprise, at least to me. Insurance is not a career with many barriers to entry - you just need a clean criminal record, a couple bucks for an exam class, and the licensing fee. I could understand high turnover but hadn’t heard that the number is declining overall.
The number of life insurance agents in my area has definitely declined over the years.. Back in the 80s, in my county, we had four debit company district offices and 4 or 5 staff offices that employed 80-100 agents.. Today, there are none. And, with the demise of the home services companies there has not been a corresponding increase in ordinary agents. The other factor is the agency force is aging . The average age is now around 57 years old, and recruiting is not matching the rate of retirement so it will get worse.

The number of life insurance agents in my area has definitely declined over the years.. Back in the 80s, in my county, we had four debit company district offices and 4 or 5 staff offices that employed 80-100 agents.. Today, there are none. And, with the demise of the home services companies there has not been a corresponding increase in ordinary agents. The other factor is the agency force is aging . The average age is now around 57 years old, and recruiting is not matching the rate of retirement so it will get worse.
Awwww, to be 57 again. :daydream::laugh:

Back