2016 Carrier Incentive Trips?

Till about pre-teen or so, it really isn't the child but the parent. Of course, even then if your parents never taught you how to behave, it is unlikely you are going to figure it all out on your own.

While teachers need to be held accountable for performance, you also have to have sympathy for them. They have the child for only 6 to 7 hours on 180 days a year. The rest of the time, it is the parents. Also, they don't see a child until he/she is 5 at the youngest. Plenty of time to have already learned lots of bad behavior.

And, if the teacher calls the parent about the child's behavior in school, guess who gets blamed and chewed out?

And, if the teacher calls the parent about the child's behavior in school, guess who gets blamed and chewed out?

Well, coming from the guys who has literally had 1,000's of children come under his care in the last 11 years...I'll say this. 95% of the time it is the parent. There are however, those children that are just flat out defiant. The wife and I used to wonder about those kids and families...unitl we had our second child...he is definitely that kid:goofy:

Well, coming from the guys who has literally had 1,000's of children come under his care in the last 11 years...I'll say this. 95% of the time it is the parent. There are however, those children that are just flat out defiant. The wife and I used to wonder about those kids and families...unitl we had our second child...he is definitely that kid:goofy:

My 2nd and 4th are that kid...especially the 4th!!!:laugh:

Once upon a time, the mere threat of calling a child's parents was sufficient for a teacher. Now as you say, the parents blame the teachers.

Sadly, Memphis still has full on white flight. So many inner city neighborhoods are decaying and shrinking, leading the school system to close poorly attended and poorly performing schools. The parents manage to show up and protest that, but they can't be bothered to spend a few minutes with their children when it comes to discipline and homework? The city and school system gladly provides tutors for children as these schools, but I bet you they are rarely utilized.

And yes, these schools are stuck with some of the worst teachers. But really, who would want to teach at an inner city school were your students constantly disrespect you and show absolutely no interest in learning?

I understand.. .. I dearly love kids but I can't envision enjoying a convection banquet at a table with a three year old screaming, running around, throwing food, etc. and the mother smiling sweetly saying, "Now, honey don't do that." all while she takes no action at all. BTW, I do not blame the kids who act like that, I blame the parents.

You can say that again :)

How cool would it be if you not only won a nice trip for yourself and your spouse but also all your kids?

And the kids is optional for those of you that want to leave them at home.

Would that be inspiration for anyone?

That would be great. I haven't tried for any trips the past few years because I don't want to burden my folks with the kids for a week.

Heck with getting a trip you have to pay taxes on. They overvalue many of those trips and the best thing to do is just go to bookit.com or a similar site and book an all inclusive trip for lots less than the value these trips are given.

So, is someone offering an incentive trip to a school? Way to derail this one, Rousemark! (Seriously, what else can you expect in a thread around here, other than a few side trips?)

Back