7 Fundamental Steps Every New Final Expense Agent Must Follow

great article. in the article it states Occasionally you will have agents that are successful with telemarketing leads, but nearly all of the top 10% of final expense agents are buying final expense direct mail leads exclusively. Why are dm leads better than tm leads? I read in here that some agents have seen the same dude mail in the card 4 or 5 times and this demographic gets mailed a ton of mailers each month. I also have read, use TM leads until the DM leads start rolling in. Again making it sound DM is the way to go. Thanks in advance for the info

Many reasons.

1. With direct mail someone actually "responded" to something they read on the card, showed interest and found a pen, filled it out and mailed it back.

2. With telemarketing they just answered a ringing phone and were too polite or too crazy to hang up.

3. You can mail to everyone.

4. You can only call the small % who are too dumb or to lazy to not be on the DNC list.

5. With direct mail you usually work in tighter areas most weeks.

6. With telemarketing you have leads coming from all over each week.

7. People LOVE to screw around with tele-markers who call and interrupt their day. (Maybe that one is just me. )

Many reasons.

1. With direct mail someone actually "responded" to something they read on the card, showed interest and found a pen, filled it out and mailed it back.

2. With telemarketing they just answered a ringing phone and were too polite or too crazy to hang up.

3. You can mail to everyone.

4. You can only call the small % who are too dumb or to lazy to not be on the DNC list.

5. With direct mail you usually work in tighter areas most weeks.

6. With telemarketing you have leads coming from all over each week.

7. People LOVE to screw around with tele-markers who call and interrupt their day. (Maybe that one is just me. )

Blah blah, like the agents who emailed me this week lol, one wrote $5k off 25 of our tele leads, another wrote $3k off 25 of our tele leads. I think it has a ton to do with where you are located as well as how serious the agent takes their business, heck ive got an agent in Ga who worked his first batch of our tele leads, older guy but an absolute beast, will put in 50 hrs week to work every lead thoroughly, first week of working our 25 leads, $3500.

I have always been able to make at least a couple sales on each batch of tele leads. The only problem is that you run out of data very quickly. Certainly a great supplemental choice for any agent.

Back