9 Good Reasons To Operate A Insurance Sales Call Center:

Tom - again I do indeed see your idea; that agents will want this model to get themselves out of the house and into a more fun and positive environment.

However, you do not have the database of agents available to GAs who can recruit country wide.

You can only recruit agents within driving distance. I'd say no one's gonna drive in over 30 minutes so you have a very very limited agent database.

By the say Tom - simply listen to the voice of experience. Joe, for example, currently runs a call center and is giving you advice.

I'll tell you right now - I hired hundreds and hundreds of reps and opened 6 offices in five states - it was field work and everyone was 1099.

Just the confrontations you get into are crazy. I called the police at least 10 times over pay issues.

Often you are dealing with flat broke reps who you are telling, to their face, that they can make money.

Chargebacks? When I hired I used to get screamed at my agents - obviously it's not my fault when they incur a chargeback.

I had in incident running an office with the gas/utilities biz where a good rep got charge back around $1,000 - made his check $60 for the week. All I'll tell you is I'm lucky I'm 6.0 and can handle myself.

However, it'll be you in that office when someone got charged back and now can't make their car payment standing in your face yelling "ohh...you're GONNA cut me a check."

Again - over 5 years of experience running offices. UGA was no different - I wouldn't wish the abuse the division manager took on a dog.

Just the confrontations you get into are crazy. I called the police at least 10 times over pay issues.

My sales manager was arrested last month for punching a hole in my door after I demoted him. He spent 13 hours in county lock up, and was criminally charged.

I could tell you about call center operations all day long, the fun never stops.

#1 - Broke people are not going to pay you money. They have no money for leads, equipment and expense.

#2 - I also stand firm on my comments that the IRS will not like this. The comparison to Real Estate is truly far different. Transactions are taking place off site and this is not the same scenerio by any stretch.

#1 - Financial assistance will be available. Depending on the agent's abilities - the lease agreement and any lead expenses can be negotiated to be deferred to a later date.

#2 - All agents are contracted directly to their respective carriers, we don't pay anyone anything. They receive a 1099 from the carrier. In the Sales Center concept - we are only leasing them a booth with certain amenities. We also have a lead program providing pre-qualified leads and live transfers. Agents aren't required to participate. Actually - our lead program is available to anyone wishing to buy into it.

The Sales Center provides a suitable business environment that any independent Insurance Agent is welcome to participate within. Should the agent be contracted through certain preferred carriers within our hierarchy - and should they produce certain levels of sales volume - then they will pay less for their booth space. Simple.

#1 - Tom - again I do indeed see your idea; that agents will want this model to get themselves out of the house and into a more fun and positive environment. However, you do not have the database of agents available to GAs who can recruit country wide. "

#2 - You can only recruit agents within driving distance. I'd say no one's gonna drive in over 30 minutes so you have a very very limited agent database.

#1 - Actually - I can recruit wherever there is a Craigs List. I do it everyday lately. 5 more today. 2 in GA and 3 in SC. With the Insurance Sales Center - we can do it anywhere there is space, electricity and an internet connection.

#2 - See #1.

#1 - Just the confrontations you get into are crazy. I called the police at least 10 times over pay issues.

#2 - Chargebacks? When I hired I used to get screamed at my agents - obviously it's not my fault when they incur a chargeback.

#3 - However, it'll be you in that office when someone got charged back and now can't make their car payment standing in your face yelling "ohh...you're GONNA cut me a check.

#1 - The agent is paid by the carrier - not us. The agent knows the deal upfront. We don't call the police down here in south Georgia - we will handle it accordingly.

#2 - This is between the agent and the carrier. We don't pay nor debit our agents on their insurance commissions.

#3 - Actually - if it happens - the Sales Center Operator will handle the situation. Naturally I can't be in many places at the same time. Business will be conducted as business, in a professional environment. Should someone take it to the extreme I'm sure they will be handled appropriately.

Tom

p.s. - Hey STI - gettin' good with the "quote" button . . .

Rob, I believe that is a parole violation.

You might want to edit that . . .

Still wearing the ankle bracelet?

Ha ha, I didn't even realize that could sound like that, very sharp Bob, very sharp!!

:D

Back