A Direct Mail Trick.

Remember when people used to send direct mail packages with lots of stuff packed inside?
That was back in the good old days, before the economy went bust and everyone panicked and started mailing little postcards, invoice mailers, and fliers that all look alike.
One of my favorite old-fashioned direct mail package techniques was the “coin trick.” You attach a penny or nickel to an insert and use a window envelope to let recipients see the coin inside.
It’s irresistible. Very few people can bring themselves to throw away a real coin.

Remember when people used to send direct mail packages with lots of stuff packed inside?
That was back in the good old days, before the economy went bust and everyone panicked and started mailing little postcards, invoice mailers, and fliers that all look alike.
One of my favorite old-fashioned direct mail package techniques was the “coin trick.” You attach a penny or nickel to an insert and use a window envelope to let recipients see the coin inside.
It’s irresistible. Very few people can bring themselves to throw away a real coin.

We use to be a mint inside to make them open it. They just had to figure out what was inside, so they opened it.

Mark how many pieces do you send and what does it usually cost you? I don't mess with direct mail as of yet.

Depends on what I'm doing.

If I make my own postcard, I use clubflyers.com and just upload my stuff. They are really cheap. I do my own mailing and stamping.

I also can pay $340 per 1,000 with leadstosuccess with my discount.

I do mailings to agents and clients.

Back