ACAexpress.com

Kenny,
You still have to fix the Gross income issue, and your system is not working correctley for states that have did not expand medicaid. You should not be showing rates for those states because and individual who has 5,000 in income will think they qualify for subsidy. They don't please fix this asap.. Thanks for your help.

Confused, MAGI has been the case for over a month:
See image

Attachments

• MAGI.jpg
    MAGI.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 24
Confused, MAGI has been the case for over a month:
See image

Kenny,

Like I have told sherpa. The problem exists on the entry point of the application or the main website. It still says gross income. Change that to MAGI and I will recommend your product. Your losing out on people who think they make to much money when they put that figure in. Please fix and don't ignore like sherpa.

Kenny,
You still have to fix the Gross income issue, and your system is not working correctley for states that have did not expand medicaid. You should not be showing rates for those states because and individual who has 5,000 in income will think they qualify for subsidy. They don't please fix this asap.. Thanks for your help.

Here is something from HCG which should calm everybody down and avoid bickering:
"How to make a ballpark estimate
Start with your adjusted gross income (AGI). You’ll find this on your most recent federal income tax return. For most people, you can just use your AGI as your ballpark estimate for Marketplace eligibility."
UC Berkley Labor Center published " For most individuals who apply for health coverage under the Affordable Care Act, MAGI is equal to Adjusted Gross Income."
By the way, I don't recall anywhere in the HCG application where it asks for your MAGI, it only asks for your anticipated income. I suppose MAGI will come up when you're tackling your tax return.

Here is something from HCG which should calm everybody down and avoid bickering:
"How to make a ballpark estimate
Start with your adjusted gross income (AGI). You’ll find this on your most recent federal income tax return. For most people, you can just use your AGI as your ballpark estimate for Marketplace eligibility."
UC Berkley Labor Center published " For most individuals who apply for health coverage under the Affordable Care Act, MAGI is equal to Adjusted Gross Income."
By the way, I don't recall anywhere in the HCG application where it asks for your MAGI, it only asks for your anticipated income. I suppose MAGI will come up when you're tackling your tax return.

Your missing the point dude. If your a new customer and you put gross income in you may not qualify for anything. So the client leaves the application thinking they don't qualify. So you have single parent and child that makes 55k gross they plug those figures in and aca tells them you don't qualify for anything... So hold on here in reality this parent is a self-employed salesman and it turns out she does a sched-c and here MAGI is actually 24k. Guess what they now qualify but in that persons eyes they don't qualify because the entry point of the website says gross income and not magi.. Its that simple dude. Simple change will lead to more commissions and applications being submitted for everyone. Care to argue my point with me now?

You are blowing out of proportion the problem as you see it.

If it's an assisted app, then they are working with an agent, who doesn't even look at the title of box (I never have), and just puts in MAGI, because they know regardless of what it says, an agent should know their MAGI calculation.

If UN-assisted app, then the do it yourself client deserves what they get.

If you're going after un-assisted, then fine, you can be concerned about the 5% this will effect.

You are blowing out of proportion the problem as you see it.

If it's an assisted app, then they are working with an agent, who doesn't even look at the title of box (I never have), and just puts in MAGI, because they know regardless of what it says, an agent should know their MAGI calculation.

If UN-assisted app, then the do it yourself client deserves what they get.

If you're going after un-assisted, then fine, you can be concerned about the 5% this will effect.
What do you mean "deserves what they get", are you insinuating that the do it yourself application available online for the population (which does not mention MAGI) anywhere, is purposely elaborated to affect those who don't use an agent? Your statement is malicious and pompous!

What do you mean "deserves what they get", are you insinuating that the do it yourself application available online for the population (which does not mention MAGI) anywhere, is purposely elaborated to affect those who don't use an agent? Your statement is malicious and pompous!

If you don't think your clients are more educated than a do it yourself client, then you need to find a new line of work, as you must not be providing any value.

If you don't think your clients are more educated than a do it yourself client, then you need to find a new line of work, as you must not be providing any value.

Yesterday i came a cross a prospect that has been 4 years in medicare and someone (from bluecross)was trying to enroll her on ACA plans.....

HOT NEWS!
Cigna and Human have announced some pretty kick ass bonus programs! Details posted on ACAExpress users Dashboard! FIVE Humana apps gets you $500! Cigna could be thousands of $!

Back