Aetna MAPD now has an nationwide SEP for Covid

The one you can’t guard against is when a call center moves a non dual near the end of the month and you don’t see until they following 5th of the month. If it wasn’t shady you can’t move them back until aep . Just had a dual client moved like that and he wants to come back. I just submitted with a DST sep . I think it flies because he never used his oep election .

I had a customer contact me on Friday wanting to switch from a an expensive medsupp to more reasonably priced MAPD. I wouldn't be able to use this SEP, and would still have to wait untill AEP to switch him, correct?

I had a customer contact me on Friday wanting to switch from a an expensive medsupp to more reasonably priced MAPD. I wouldn't be able to use this SEP, and would still have to wait untill AEP to switch him, correct?

Incorrect . If Aetna is still allowing the dst sep you can move him ( which I think they are).I’ve moved at least 12 people in last 6 weeks that only had original Medicare to mapds with the dst code . . But I’m hearing threw many this could end any day now .

Incorrect . If Aetna is still allowing the dst sep you can move him ( which I think they are).I’ve moved at least 12 people in last 6 weeks that only had original Medicare to mapds with the dst code . . But I’m hearing threw many this could end any day now .
what is the DST SEP?

The end dates in the Aetna memo had 6-30/22 & 9-30/22. You have heard differently? We keep hearing on the news about new outbreaks and the amount of mask-wearing ppl is noticeably increasing. To me, it’s hard to imagine that the MAPD companies and Guvment would want it to end.

Back