Agent New to Final Expense Needs Help

I think rather you are reading in code.
My example was a general one, and I said nothing about efes. But, as I can see from your previous posts, you are the resident apologist for that group and one particular individual, so there is no surprise at your challenge. Your defensiveness points to the probability that maybe my example is like efes or, at least, not that far off from that way it is for the majority of new agents there.
However, my point is a general one and if it applies to efes, than that's the way it is. So, reread it. I'm sure you can figure it out.
Am I recruiting? No. But you are with your efes rah rah at every opportunity.
I am only trying to make new agents aware of the pitfalls of hooking up with anyone who promises great training, but then-as Todd King pointed out,"Once the training is done, you will certainly keep them at the lower contract." Or (in my words) then, when the relatively brief training is over, refuses to pay them fairly or release them and let them move on without the substantial penalty of starting over with new companies.
What don't you get?

It seems that you don't know what you are talking aobut. That is the question that I asked you. I also asked you if you even knew what you were talking about. It's obvious that you don't.

As for my being defensive of EFES, again, you are clueless. I have nothing to be defensive about. I am not EFES nor do I recruit. In fact, I have told many people that EFES is not for them and I always tell people that only want to dabble in FE to not go with EFES.

The reason I asked if you were talking about EFES is because you mentioned "15 leads per week". EFES is the only ones I know of that has a 15 lead per week minimum order. Our group also has the Friday morning calls which you mentioned. If you were trying to be cryptic, you failed.

And, EFES does not keep anyone that produces at lower contracts. In fact, if someone came in under Hoosierdaddy they were never less than 90% anyway. It's not that difficult to get to 100% with EFES if you produce.

But, you be sure and keep up warning new agents that they don't need great training. That will really help them in their insurance career.:yes:

Not defensive? Then why did you respond so negatively in the first place? And incidentally, have you ever read half the "non-defensive" posts you've posted?
I really think you need to take a deep breath and read a lot more closely. You can start with the first 2 sentences of your last post, which virtually repeat each other.
It's most interesting to note that someone who doesn't agree with you, "doesn't know what they are talking about." This is also a common refrain in your posts. It must be overwhelming to be the chosen ones of FE opinion.
As for your personalized response to me, are you too petulant or just incapable of addressing the facts?
What I am trying to convey to new agents is that they do not have to get ripped off to find high-quality FE training. Does that offend you?
AS FOR YOU: You may not recruit for your daddy but you're sure his forum lackey. And, you bore me, dude, so, you can carry on by yourself.

Not defensive? Then why did you respond so negatively in the first place? And incidentally, have you ever read half the "non-defensive" posts you've posted?
I really think you need to take a deep breath and read a lot more closely. You can start with the first 2 sentences of your last post, which virtually repeat each other.
It's most interesting to note that someone who doesn't agree with you, "doesn't know what they are talking about." This is also a common refrain in your posts. It must be overwhelming to be the chosen ones of FE opinion.
As for your personalized response to me, are you too petulant or just incapable of addressing the facts?
What I am trying to convey to new agents is that they do not have to get ripped off to find high-quality FE training. Does that offend you?
AS FOR YOU: You may not recruit for your daddy but you're sure his forum lackey. And, you bore me, dude, so, you can carry on by yourself.

I don't have anything to be defensive about. I still don't know how I hurt your feelings by posting on a message board. Are you really that sensitive?

As far as addressing the facts, I always do that. You are the one trying to talk in code.

If you have something to offer to the board, why don't you do it? I have learned much from members here. Priceless information as a matter of fact. Maybe you could be someone that I learn from if you would stop the schoolyard bs?

Good lord, 3 pages of quible, you know the 10-3-1 ratio, thats what this Thread is, 10 comments, 3 pertain to the question 1 was actually helpful. I hope most every one hear sells better then they assist. This is what had me start in on FE The Final Expense Waltz - Estate Planning - Life Insurance Selling great article. I havent done much in FE sales but I have been in sales and sales management since I was 18. There is one rule that always sticks, Find a niche (FE) create your plan (Mailers, Cold Calling, List Calling, door knocking, whatever it is) and stick to it, over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

It sounds wierd but in our company the second top app writer, 579 new app submissions last year carries around chicklets hand them out to people on the street and starts asking them insurance questions, this lady can barely speak english (shes korean) its crazy. Let me refraise that it should be crazy, but it works because she is consistant. I have never met someone who said that person will do well because they are erratic, disorginized and cant stay on task for longer then 3 minutes, at least not succesfull in sales.

Remember

1. Niche (FE) check
2. Create plan (just make sure they are over 50 and make around 50k and under, resist the urge to leave your niche)
3. Follow your Plan over and over

p.s. There are no perfect scripts and if someone can make 140,000K with a marketing plan consisting of chicklets then you can do the same selling a product to people in need of the product

p.s.s Dont ever include anything about you being with any Gov agency, or even say anything that could Imply that, They will lock you up and life insurance agents that sell to seniors dont have the pitibility factor in court that rabid gorrila would get

Call up and say you are Joe Blow and you have a card the guy returned to you. Ask, "do you remember mailing in a purple card kind of like a post card last week? "

Ans. "yes" or " no"

Whatever they say---"good" "when you mailed the card back do you remember what caused you to mail it back"

Ask them and make THEM TELL YOU WHAT THEY THINK IT IS.

Call up and say you are Joe Blow and you have a card the guy returned to you. Ask, "do you remember mailing in a purple card kind of like a post card last week? "

Ans. "yes" or " no"

Whatever they say---"good" "when you mailed the card back do you remember what caused you to mail it back"

Ask them and make THEM TELL YOU WHAT THEY THINK IT IS.

That would work, although I never get into that much conversation on the phone when setting appointments.

Also, don't ask questions that they can say "no" to. Like, do you remember the card? Instead, if they don't seem to remember, ask only questions that lead to yes answers. Do you live at 123 anywhere st? Are you 64 years old? Is your wife's name Alice? Is she 63 years old? At the end of everyone of those a yes answers you say, "that's what it says here. That's cements to tham that you are reading from something they sent in and it will jog the memory without you ever getting a no answer from them.

One thing I was taught long ago is that, "the more you tell, the less you sell".

Just a quick comment. My picture is still on the EFIS site even though I have asked them to take it down. also at least 2 others that I know are no longer with them. the numbers they show as avg monthly production are not real and I will say you do have to fight to get a higher contract. If you need someone to hold your hand then consider going with them but my advice get the highest contracts you can and do your own mail. You may not make any more money but you will not have people treating you like your are an employee rather than an independent agent. Someone I am sure will dispute this but trust me they are recruiters for EFIS regardless of what they say.

That would work, although I never get into that much conversation on the phone when setting appointments.

Also, don't ask questions that they can say "no" to. Like, do you remember the card? Instead, if they don't seem to remember, ask only questions that lead to yes answers. Do you live at 123 anywhere st? Are you 64 years old? Is your wife's name Alice? Is she 63 years old? At the end of everyone of those a yes answers you say, "that's what it says here. That's cements to tham that you are reading from something they sent in and it will jog the memory without you ever getting a no answer from them.

One thing I was taught long ago is that, "the more you tell, the less you sell".[/quote]

True for setting the appointment. NOT TRUE for the actual presentation itself.

Just a quick comment. My picture is still on the EFIS site even though I have asked them to take it down. also at least 2 others that I know are no longer with them. the numbers they show as avg monthly production are not real and I will say you do have to fight to get a higher contract. If you need someone to hold your hand then consider going with them but my advice get the highest contracts you can and do your own mail. You may not make any more money but you will not have people treating you like your are an employee rather than an independent agent. Someone I am sure will dispute this but trust me they are recruiters for EFIS regardless of what they say.

You obviously had a different manager than I did. I won't dispute what you said, because that was/is your experience, but I will contend that it is not that way for everyone there.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
And I am not a recruiter for them either, just painting a realistic picture. I have friends at LH that think it is the greatest thing in the world, but most on here think they are the devil. Everyone has different experience with each organization. That is why there is Equita, Securus, Todd King, and the hundred of other folks on here that offer contracts and training. ****, I mean I can offer you contracts, leads, and training if you want on the wholesale side.

Last edited:
Back