Agent New to Final Expense Needs Help

Keep the phone dialogue to a minimum when booking appointments, and NEVER try to sell them on the phone. Keep it casual and use some implied consent, something like: "Mrs. Jones? Yes, this is **** with xxxx and some of your neighbors have some of their final expense insurance with me. I'll be in the neighborhood Monday afternoon, and I"ll stop by and say hi about 4:30". If the prospect puts up no roadblock, simply proceed with the appointment.

Don't ever ever say you are with or working with SS. Do you want to be fined and have your license revoked.

"Hi Mary this is Rob, and Iam a licensed PA agent authorized to market and present the final expense plans you inquired about. I have the numbers for you to review. Would this afternoon or tomorrow be a good time for us to meet for a few minutes?"

Are the lead card mailings the best way to get leads for FE? I've used telemarketing with some success but it seems everyone is using the lead card mailers. Any opinions?

That's all according to the price of the mailers and what response rate you get back.

If you get the right price on the telemarketed leads, you'll come out better with them as your closing ratio will be about the same (maybe a tad higher).

Just a quick comment. My picture is still on the EFIS site even though I have asked them to take it down. also at least 2 others that I know are no longer with them. the numbers they show as avg monthly production are not real and I will say you do have to fight to get a higher contract. If you need someone to hold your hand then consider going with them but my advice get the highest contracts you can and do your own mail. You may not make any more money but you will not have people treating you like your are an employee rather than an independent agent. Someone I am sure will dispute this but trust me they are recruiters for EFIS regardless of what they say.

I don't know if you got this fixed yet, but most of those people on their site aren't with them anymore and have asked to be removed. Now, let me re-phrase that...some of the people on there have asked to be removed as they have come to me to ask. Frankly, the only way to get removed is to have an attorney send them a letter. Yes, it's gonna cost you a few hundred bucks and if it's important enough to you than so be it. You might find someone cheaper to do it as it's a simple letter letting them know that you did not "sign the right to have your likeness appear for recruiting purposes" or something along those lines.

It's not right to keep your pic and statement up there for them to use to recruit when you're not apart of an organization any longer? AND, I'm pretty sure you didn't sign the rights to your likeness or a waiver to that effect so you have every right to get it taken down. You just might have to spend a few dollars to do it.

Anybody know of any great IMO to get contracted with to learn the business and still not have all of your commission sucked out of you?

I teamed up with an IMO out of Georgia that specializes in Final Expense for my agents that are in final expense. They have training videos that are really good and have created a $100k blue print that my agents can follow to ensure they make a six figure income. They say they have great leads and the agents I have sent over there have agreed with this statement. If you are interested pm me and I will send you the information on them.

I teamed up with an IMO out of Georgia that specializes in Final Expense for my agents that are in final expense. They have training videos that are really good and have created a $100k blue print that my agents can follow to ensure they make a six figure income. They say they have great leads and the agents I have sent over there have agreed with this statement. If you are interested pm me and I will send you the information on them.

You've been on this forum long enough where nobody would mind if you just posted this info.

Back